Used 2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Accent Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accent model:

Car for grand daughter
By Papa

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great sub compact for our college bound grand daughter. Great on gas , easy to drive and she loves the way it looks.

Nothing But Tears
By loveeanne

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 5 years. Two of those years I spent at college without it. I've put about 60,000 miles on it. I LOVED this car. The first time the engine misfired, I thought "no big deal, this car has been amazing to me". It was all down hill from there. The engine has misfired twice and needed to be fixed. The breaks have been replaced four times. A valve broke off near the transmission and oil leaked down into the clutch. I needed a full clutch kit replacement and parts of the transmission replaced. That was less than four months ago. Last week, my timing belt broke without any warning and bent my entire motor. With that, I will have put over $4,000 into this car for repairs.

Great on gas, was always willing to go the extra distance when it was capable. Great memories.

Very good car
By ahtoh1

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback w/XM Option (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Got it new. Now has 110,000KM. Few minor issues that dealer repaired no problem. Overall quality of the car is very good. I would advise to drop it off at the dealer for a full checkup just before warranty runs out. On my car the bracket that holds exhaust pipe rutted out and i did not notice after warranty ran out.
I really like the look of the car. I owned 1986 excel, then first and second generation of Accent and now 3rd generation Accent. 3rd generation is almost perfect.

Looks great. Build quality is very good. However i did pay $21,000 for the top of the line trim. Very good on gas. Turbo easy to park. When going 150km/h it does not feel like you a are flying a broom. Feels very confident.

I got a sport model. Definitely do not like stiff suspension. I wish dealer would explain me that Sport = Stiff. Fuel economy can be improved. Use the direct injection and give CVT (transmission). Nissan uses that tranny for small cars. If Hyundai puts a diesel in their small and mid cars, i will flip out and get a new one. My wife on the other had love Gen 3 design and does not like gen 4 look.

Just purchased
By kmunroe

2008 Hyundai Accent GS 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Yes I first decided to test-drive my 2008 Hyundai Accent DS because of the pretty Apple Green color. First stick shift in 10 years; will take getting used to driving standard again. Granted this little car doesn't have power seats/windows/side mirrors. It doesn't have cruise control/tilt wheel. But it does have A/C and a CD player. My former car (2000 Taurus) had all the above except no CD player and the A/C didn't work for 8 years. It handles well and I like the stick-shift; you have more control. I suspect the car will also handle well in the snow because of the stick.

Color, CD player, A/C. Comfortable seats and I am a large woman. Plenty of storage space in the Hatch area. Very pretty car.

Seat-belts mounted too far back; difficult to reach.

Excellent gas mileage
By connie50

2008 Hyundai Accent GLS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the Accent because of price and gas mileage and referral from a friend.
He said mileage exceeds the posted mileage on sticker.
The mileage on this car was 27-29 mpg highway.
We CONSISTANTLY get 30+ running around in town and 35+ highway.
So now that the news states Hhyndai over states their mileage on their stickers is TOTALLY wrong.
We have had this car for 5 years and alway get min 30 mpg and usually 33-34 every time we fill up and we check our mileage every time.
We get better mileage with gas from Holiday or Amoco.

Gas mileage. Like driving the stick. zippy little car. Replaced all 4 tires w/new good ones and cost was $235 for all 4!!! Cheap to drive. No bells and whistles but that is fine - less to fix! Good car for kids to learn now to drive a stick.