Used 2000 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

2000 Hyundai Accent

Owner1, 04/14/2002

Reliable basic transportation.

Sudden DEATH AT 80,000 miles

Little Mamma, 08/15/2005
GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Hyundai used in January 2005. It had 74,000 miles. I couldn't have been happier with it until one day the timing belt broke, which broke our engine. $2,000 to repair it and it only had 80,000. I've only had it for 7 months and I'm questioning if it is worth fixing!

Fantastic Car Warranty and Price

drdud, 04/15/2002
GL 4dr Sedan

after driving and breaking in my Hyundai ,I find it to be a great little car fro the mrs or car pool . For average size people 6 ft or so there is plenty of room front and rear ,I drive 65 plus to work with 3 or 4 people in the car with out problems , I do recommend after a 3,000 mile break in use CD-2 Engine treatment seems to add 20 HP. I also installed a K&N air cleaner ,now the 75 MPH and above are Yours. Am-Fm cassette is Good ,fold down back seat is nice ~Car rides good. I'm a very Happy Camper with my Hyundai so Far .

Worst car ever!

KMdriver, 04/30/2009
GL 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but trouble since day one. My mother bought me the car when i was in highschool and the oil was burning, so the valve cover gasket was replaced. oil continued to burn so we replaced all gaskets... oil then magically disappeared. no spots on the ground and no residue on the engine, and is still doing this 3 years later. at about 100000 both CV axles busted, gas mileage went downhill, the AC fan in the cab broke, the engine now makes an odd whining noise and i can't seem to figure out why. car smells like mildew every time it rains, but i can't find any wetspots. breaks squeak nonstop even if new. I will never ever buy a Hyundai again this car is a living nightmare.

the worst car i ever had-don't buy one!

mrchip, 11/22/2002
GL 4dr Sedan

1. i been to the dealership about 12 times so far for all kinds of problems. 2. the warranty is great if you want to live in the dealership for all kinds of problems. 3. hyundai usa would not include me in the warranty extension program that they came out with because of the mistake they made with the horsepower rating of their cars. 4. the dealership service is terrible. the mechanics brake more things than they fix. 5. do yourself a favor an "do not buy this car" even if it seems cheap. the reason why the car is terrible is because is cheaply made. In the end you get what you paid for, nothing more nothing less. i learned my lesson.

12345...6