Used 2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:

The El Camino of trucks
By Steve Elias

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a reliable truck with a car like ride then the Ridgeline is a good option. The 5ft bed is adequate for weekend warrior projects and the hidden trunk storage is a plus. Exterior styling and body integrity are ok, interior styling and comfort are good. I notice significant wind/road noise, the audio system is not great, braking is just ok.

Still getting to know my Honda Ridgeline
By Cynthia Reyna

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Check out the history online, an carfacts , even tho its a good vehicles you still might get the dealership to come down on price, if there's light cosmetic damage , I wish I had noticed the outside truck better, missed to many small details...

You will be happy with this truck.
By deadeye

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

OK, so the knock on the Ridgeline is that it is not really a pickup. Well guess what. It is to me. It trucks, it carries, it hauls, it tows, it stores, well, for what I expected of this very smooth riding truck, it met all. The only reason I'm selling my 2009 Ridgeline is to purchase a 2017 Ridgeline. Yes I have been happy and very pleased with this vehicle.
Update: 2/1/2018. Well I never did trade in on a 2017, I was hoping for a locking tailgate. I have an aftermarket bed cover and a tailgate lock on the 09 and really like both. Regularly haul a trailer and ATV effortlessly. Besides, my 2009 only has 35000 mileage. Have had airbags recall completed, maintenance had to replace brake master cylinder, the only time on any vehicle I've ever owned that this has happened, and at 33000 miles replaced the tires, not because they were worn but because they were old. All else has been great. Wish it had memory seats too.

Better value for your dollar!
By Rob Riegel

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 09 RT used from a very reputable dealer one year ago with 80 k miles. 20k miles later and no major issues. Every time I take it in for service my mechanic is amazed to see how clean it is inside where oil cap screws in. I use Mobil 1 full synthetic oil with proper oil filter. Engine runs strong and gets up to 23 mpg on the highway with a light load and not towing anything. I have not towed anything yet. Great handling on dirt roads and muddy roads and there was not a need to use 4wd feature. Acceleration and shifting is good. Climate control is good. Height and visibility is good. Stereo system sound is ok. Plenty of storage, which is really awesome. Interior fabric stains too easy from water. Love the sliding rear window. Love the extra storage in the cab and in truck bed, which beats the storage of a Toyota. There is ample passenger space. Love the way the rear seats fold up to load extra cargo. Transmission has a little clunk, but it's normal. It's from how I operate the accelerator pedal as trans picks up the slop. I can get about 380 miles per tank of gas. Full synthetic oil change every 5,000 miles and I service the fuel system with one can of sea foam at every oil change interval. Once a month I fill the gas tank with non ethanol gas. I'll be due for 4 wheel brake service soon and 4 new tires. I compared this truck to a certified Toyota Tacoma. Toyota has a nice reputation, but I got a better deal on this truck and it's got everything that I need at a fraction of the cost. Paint chips to easily, but that's where touch up paint comes in handy. Suspension, steering, brakes and any of the power options work great. No report on the 4wd yet, because I have not used it. Cruise control works great and the TPMS is accurate. I like the 5 ft bed. It's not to big and not to small. This is a very practical truck for the working man and I chose a 285.00 a month payment vs a 400.00 a month payment of the Toyota Tacoma certified(2 door single cab 4 cyl 2009). I'll expect 400k miles on this Honda motor. Once the motor is tired then I'll replace it, because this truck serves a better purpose for me than any other general truck. It's like a small military truck.lol. People keep trying to buy my truck and I tell them no. The only thing that concerns me is the air bag recall. The part won't be available until later in the year.

So Far So Good at 91,000 miles
By 209flyboy

2009 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 new and have no complaints at 91,000 miles I have completed required services and no issues have arisen except airbag recall which was taken care of at the dealer..
I think this truck is perfect for a family of 5 who needs a vehicle that will pull a boat or travel trailer under 5000 pounds, carry those itmes that don't require a large powerful and expensive truck. This truck rides like a car and is comfortable. If you have a small family, this truck will fill your needs and I strongly recommend you check it out.

At this mileage I have noticed a slight decrease in gas mileage on the highway with cruise control. I have seen 24mpg in earlier times but now see 22-23 max. I still haven't replaced the brake pads yet as they still show within spec. Tires have been replaced at 70,000 miles with Michelin LTX. If you don't intend to do any off road 'Truck Stuff' I would recommend properly rated touring tires for a quieter ride. There has been no issues with the engine or transmission. The trunk space below the deck is perfect. We can shop for groceries and place them in the trunk and lock and not worry about someone helping themselves as we leave the vehicle elsewhere.

Overall this truck has been a perfect family utility carrier, comfortable and reasonably economic. I would recommend the Ridgeline for those families needing utility.