Used 1991 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

The Black Beauty
By thomas dettenmayer

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Bought the car off of a visual effects producer for the iron man movies here off the coast off NC. WILMYWOOD!!! He was on his way to hollywood for bigger and better things. Not a lick of rust. Car did not run off initial purchase. Did the normal tune-up, replaced the battery fuel filter and pump... Ran but had issue bogging out. BAD GAS TANK!!! Completely removed the gas tank, installed a fuel cell in the trunk, (am currently working on a slip-in insert to replace the factory one) after market pump, and regulator, factory filter. Fired right up!!! Drives like a dream. As many have said there is no love in the aftermarket world for this motor(B21A1). Even 27 going on 28 years later this car is slick black, gets hella stares, my mans before me had a dual tip exhaust installed and she roars rather than farts. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

LOVE MY CAR... did I mention I love my car?
By bonnie

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Had this Prelude since the day it was born. Love it.... love the 5 speed, love the handling, the gas milage (although 27 years later there have been improvements which I do not have in this car.) I've got 96000 on it. The trunk is enormous and has a passthrough as well. The seats are copies of Recaro and quite comfortable with a lumber pump. Highest visibility I have ever seen in a car. Ever. PS: It shouldn't matter, but I'm a female who loves her 5 speed.

Prelude forever
By Francisco Agostini

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

After all these years the car is still a blast to drive and It gets its fair share of looks on the road. Electronics aren't that great but you con get by with the stuff that works. The cruise control died a few years back and the tail light indicator on the dash is always on but that can be ignored when the trade off is race car like movements on the road.

LUDE acris
By SE7EN

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

I love my prelude. I've had it for years and it still runs like new. Car performs well and handles well.

Electric sunroof, power windows, 4W disk brakes, body style.

More availability for performance and aftermarket parts.

Awesome to drive
By sylence

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I always wanted a Prelude and I found one cheap. This has absolutely been my favorite car that I've owned. Very easy to drive and handling was excellent. Much faster than I expected. I was in an accident where I was t-boned on the highway that spun me 2 times in the center of the road. The car hit my rear wheel at about 55 mph and I was still able to drive it home. I'm planning to purchase a 1999 or 2000 model in the near future.

speed