Used 2013 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Honda suv
By Frank

2013 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Good family car for local and vacation travel.

Still love my Pilot at 5 years
By Marilyn

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My Pilot continues to be the best car I have owned. Maintenance costs are minimal. Performance is outstanding. Cargo space is great. I am not planning to replace it any time soon, but after seeing a friends new Pilot, I am disappointed. The latest model lacks many of the things I enjoy most about my 2013 model. I am hoping that when I do decide to get a new vehicle, Honda will have changed again. I love the dependability and space in my Pilot. The new Pilots may look more sleek than my "box" but it comes by sacrificing passenger and cargo space. Hoping my Pilot keeps performing as it has and I don't have to replace it any time soon. I would like to stay with Honda and would hate to sacrifice dependability for space.

Loved my Pilot.
By KA Cheatum

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this vehicle for four years and never for a moment had any regrets. The leather interior was Labrador friendly - easy to clean. All three seating areas are comfortable. I really liked having the shifter above the console, leaving room for my bag. The cargo area is cavernous with the third row of seats flat. I would not have traded, but I fell for the new Pilot and the new safety features. The only thing I would like to have had on my 2013 and my new one is a rear facing laser to vaporize the fools who drive with their heads in the clouds or their phones or where ever their heads are that they cannot see another vehicle in their immediate path! There are multiple rearend collisions daily on one busy street!

Good not great
By Greg

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honda is supposed to be one of the best for value and reliability but my experience with two Honda Pilots has shown me that this brand is just average at best. My first Pilot a 2008 blew the engine at 70,000 miles (no one believed that could happen with a Honda but it did!). We replaced with a 2013 that is developing a long list of repairs already at 70,000 miles. Both were/are faithfully serviced at the dealer. My enthusiasm for Honda Pilots is definitely not as positive as it used to be.

Our new Kayak Hauler
By Jack

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle replaced our old 95 Explorer as a family work vehicle. So far I am very happy with it!