Skip to main content

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

Transmission Died at 2k miles

Lilmeg28, 07/27/2021
Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

We were 2 hours into a 5-hour road trip when the transmission on our brand new 2022 Elite Odyssey slipped into neutral going 70 mph on a busy interstate. The fact we made it over to the shoulder safely is a miracle. There were no warning lights that came on to indicate a problem, the car just stopped accelerating out of nowhere. The van was towed to a nearby dealer (hours from our house) and it remains there over two weeks later while waiting for the transmission to come in. Honda America has been completely unhelpful and I am counting down the days for my state's lemon law to kick in. I reported the issue to the NTSB and have seen multiple other reports of the same issue with the 2022 model in other forums. Honda should be taking this seriously before someone is seriously injured or killed...as I mentioned we were lucky. Our case manager has been completely useless. Please take note future buyers and Honda if you care to read reviews such as mine.

Transmission went

Tom tom, 07/07/2021
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

Only a week into my new 2022 Honda Odyssey was odyssey with just about 500 miles At 12 midnight with the van full of kids driving on the highway my transmission went it started making noises I pulled over and and the gears couldn't change . Was left stranded . Needed to leave it in gas station .

5 out of 5 stars

Super great car, with a few issues

Jaxx, 05/27/2021
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

The car is great in almost every way - drives like a luxury sedan, is quiet, responsive and hi tech. There are a few annoying aspects. The driver's / front row seat belt should ride up about an inch higher. I'm 6'1" and its not quite high enough. Not a show stopper but certainly annoying. The arm rests for the second row seats are like sticks. They have no width to them. These won't comfortably support an adult's arms. What the heck? It seems like they cheaped out on this to save a few dollars but its ridiculous. Bad decision on their part. Another very bad decision on the design is that they seemed to have reduced the height of the interior (and overall height) of the car. I could load two or three biikes in my old Odyssey with the middle seats out with no diffifculty. In the new Odyssey its very very difficult to arrange two bikes to fit. Possible but difficult. I know they're trying to make the car sleeker, but reducing the height just takes away functionality. One reason to buy a minivan is for its loading capacity. The height dimension is important. Again why did they do this? This is the most annoying change to the vehicle. Anyway, other than that, the car is just great.

ad labelAd
Build Your Odyssey
At a Glance:
  • 4 Colors
  • 5 Trims
  • $32,090starting MSRP

1 out of 5 stars

I can’t hate this car more

Kelly smith , 07/21/2021
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

Been a longtime Toyota person but tried a Honda. Needed a van for the kids. I’ve had this car less than a week and I have major regrets about the purchase. First, the electronics. They are glitchy beyond belief. Half the time Apple car play doesn’t work. 2/3 of the time the climate controls don’t work. This van is also very far from quiet. I guess it’s all relative but my old Toyota was quieter. I also got warning lights about total loss of steering while going 70mph on a highway. Nice. Thankfully it was fast, but when the electronics in the car don’t work, that includes steering. Last but not least, I absolutely HATE the design of the driver seat. It’s literally back-breaking. Didn’t realize I’d need weekly chiropractor adjustments just to be able to have a van. I don’t think they could have made that seat more uncomfortable if they tried. Little things: I like the glasses compartments but there are not enough cubbies for other things. The driver armrest also blocks the seatbelt buckle. The third row latch doesn’t work half the time on one side. I hate this car and I’ll be that person who trades in within a year (and that’s if I make it even that far) at a huge loss. Never again. Just no. Absolutely horrible.

Truly Elite!

SW, 08/10/2021
Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 10A)

After selling our beloved Toyota Sienna this spring, we purchased a 2022 Odyssey Elite in June and have already taken it on a week+ road trip from Minneapolis to NYC, CT and Cape Cod, followed by a shorter journey to the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. It is currently sitting at just under 5K miles, and we have loved every minute of owning this Odyssey. We met or exceeded the estimated highway MPG on both of our trips, and we have never driven in such a quiet vehicle. Both road noise and other ambient noise are effectively mitigated. We have found the Odyssey to be supremely comfortable, fast, smooth and quiet, and we have enjoyed all of the nooks and crannies for storage. Plenty of room even with our dog and kennel along. All-in-all: A truly elite road trip vehicle. (Also, top safety ratings were a driving factor in our decision to purchase, but glad we waited some of the refinements made in the 2021/22 models.)

12345...6