Used 2012 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Atta Girl Girtrude
By Larry Thibault

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had only a few issues, and they were covered by the warranty. It's a great vehicle for the entire family. Plus being able to open and close the rear doors with a push of a button (remote or dash) is a real bonus when transporting other older adults. This is my 2nd Odyssey and plan to buy another one next year.

Top notch
By Joe

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Look for well maintained vehicle. Test drove a couple that weren't near as nice as the one we bought.

Good but surprising engine problem
By Weston

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first Honda van we have owned, and I have been pleased for the most part over the last 86,000 miles. I like the feel of the van, build quality, great use of space, and general quality. The only 2 issues I have had are: 1. The entertainment system is all custom, and now that the CD player which is tied into the whole entertainment system has failed, my only repair choice is to go back to the dealer. 2. The V-6 engine which I thought would be bullet proof continue to have issues with oil burn. We have babbied this van and done all maintenance, but it is still burning a quart of oil every 2,000 to 3,000 miles. I have since read there are systemic issues with the VCM on Honda V-6 engines, and Honda has not yet provided a solution to fix the problem or allow owners to disable the VCM feature. If I had it to do over again, I would have bought the Odyssey in EX-L trim and avoided the VCM altogether!!

Happy Wife... Happy Guy Driving Long Trips
By Tom Hancock

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Honda Minivan and will trade up for a new one. My wife loves that she can see everything due to the height of the van as compared to my sedan .... That she hates to drive. I love to drive it on long trips..... Just set cruise control, let navi tell me how to get there. Only thing I do not like about the navigation software is that various state rest stops are not indicated. We put 100,000 on our 2005 and have 99,000 on the 2012 van with no major mechanical problems.

2012 Odyssey Touring
By Stan F.

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned five Odyssey minivans since they were redesigned in the late 90's. This unit has been by far the most reliable, trouble free one. Highly recommended. Always had issues with the "lightning rod" design, introduced in 2011, which I thought was downright ugly. So sad to see that Honda did not get rid of that design element in the new 2018 model... an opportunity to reinvent itself.