Used 2010 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Great car
By Tee Varley

2010 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car..

My second Element! UPDATE!
By George Reichert

2010 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Owned a 2004 Element for 10 years and found it to be my ideal car...so while it was still possible to find a 2010 or 2011 with low millage I search far and wide and ater 4 months of looking in a 500 mile radius I found exactly the one I wanted in exactly the color I wanted with only 36000 miles. Drove 370 miles in my 04 with 138000 miles and bought the 2010. Now I can be happy for another 10 years!

UPDATE: After owing this Element for 1 and 3/4 years, I could not be happier. No problems after reaching 59,000 miles. Goes great in the snow this winter. Only sorry I can't find another one with low mileage to put in storage for when this one reaches 250,000 miles and I must retire it!.

Won't start again
By Not Happy

2010 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a new Honda Element in May and it has been in the shop 2 times this time over a week and getting response "we don't know the techs are looking at it". will not run if not started daily. Left me stuck in Washington DC and 3 additional times at home. Honda will not provide a rental call while they guess at issue. Also, purchases Honda Civic SI 2010 same time have had no issues with that so far. what a bummer!

like the safety of doors since have a 3 year old.

Need to provide alternative transportation if you have to take back a brand new vehicle and not leave customers stuck...

Not for everyone
By Pudde

2010 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you need a great little car for commuting then this is the one! I wasn't the target type for this car but its ended up being just right for me. The various cargo arrangements are great! Mpg is over 25 for light city driving (4.9 miles to work for me) and always nice to have the awd on hand.

Awd, stereo, navi

tad more ground clearance and better fuel tank location/protection

A fantastic car for a narrow segment
By tictoknsac

2010 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Element is a fantastic car for a very specific segment of car owners. If you want a car that can haul an incredible amount size-wise; and, has AWD to go skiing; and, gets decent gas mileage for commuting; and, is large in terms of driver and passenger seating/comfort (4 max) and is incredibly reliable AND you can appreciate its boxy shape as a necessary attribute of much of the above for < $25K - THEN you can/will love this car. Otherwise, you either will not be interested at all -- OR you point out all the cars that will do SOME of these things better. But you won't find a car that does ALL these things better. This is my 2nd Element and I could not think of another car I wanted.

Space for hauling large objects -- overall comfort, high reliability, AWD performance in snow and ice

Better sound proofing/wind noise abatement. Minor features like heated outside mirrors and rear view camera that does not require navigation system.