Used 2007 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Love My Toaster!
By Sally

2007 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I first saw this vehicle, I thought it was one of the ugliest vehicles on the road - I nicknamed it the toaster. My son and I went shopping with my husband for a Ridgeline. While my husband was discussing the terms for the Ridgeline, my son and I checked out the Element. Once we sat inside of it, we fell in love with it. We went for a test drive that day - within two weeks I had my Element. I love it, and now I find it quite cute. It's fun to drive, very utilitarian. We've carted everything from a flag pole, gardening tools, plants, baseball equipment, fishing poles to our Springer Spaniel with ease. The car makes everyday rides fun adventures.

stepping up to get in vehicle as opposed to scrunching down, xm radio, large easy to read controls, versatility with seats, its unique look, rubber floor - so easy to clean, tinted privacy windows in back, tailgate, general roominess - I could go on and on....

lumbar seat support would be nice

5 months and counting
By new honda buyer

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought new SC in Nov.07, now have 36,000 km in 5 mos. No problems. Power/handling fine. Gas consumption fair as to be expected, but much better than previous Titan. Interior space and utility of overall vehicle unmatched by anything else out there.

Interior space, esp. with seats out. Was able to move small washer/dryer, on second trip twin bed with frame,headboard and a bunch of other junk. Wifes 08 RAV couldn't hang

Maybe 12 in in overall length with 3rd row, diesel engine, more ground clearance

one poblamatic element
By west texas element

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought a 2007 Honda element sc model silver, 18 inch mags sc package, right now it has a little under 6000 miles on it and its been in the Honda shop a total of 4 times. First it had a noise underneath the driver side, so they said it was a strut assembly. The replaced under warranty which is good still the noise was there. We take it back the second time for another kind of noise on the driver side doors they adjusted them fixed for a while again back in the shop now said they hooked up some microphones all over it and found out the noise underneath is the steering rack? So in the shop again oh yea this thing gets very poor gas mileage, the power is lackluster and the windows are noisy

It looks kinda cool, quirky new cool wheels good XM radio

More power, better windshields

Best car i have ever owned
By hatchva

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace a truck and a mini-van. It did that and more. Drives like a car, has the utility of a truck, and the comfort has surprised me. I have used it for family vacations, football tailgating, commuting, hauling large items to the dump, taking the dog swimming, and kayak fishing. I plan to go camping in it this spring. It is without a doubt the most useful and fun vehicle to drive and own that I have ever had!!!

Inside seating arrangements that can be changed to accommodate the wet dog, large junk, or four passengers -- all in a matter of minutes.

Arm rest should be wider and the back moon roof and window should be electronically controlled.

07 Element EX AWD MT review
By Alaskan_Toaster

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my E for almost 7 months now. Included in my 16000 miles is a 6300 miles across the US trip from GA to AK (yes, Alaska). I towed a 1500# trailer behind it the entire way. I have absolutely no complaints about the comfort of the seats (even after 10-12 hours). The creature comforts and convenience items were well placed, easy to reach, and worked wonderful. The utilitarianism (is that a word?) of the vehicle is fantastic. We have made the decision to buy a second one to replace our other small SUV. IMHO - you won't regret getting one.

Utility, interior space (can you say cavernous?), pep, quality and reliability. Re-configurable rear seats (and the room it creates). Ease of controls, well laid out.

Heated rear view mirrors, better rear seat (floor) heating, better MPG, and passenger's side PDL control.