2017 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 267 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A/C and heater fan don’t function properly,
By msanchez192

2017 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L w/Navigation 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought my car in March 21 2017 , great car until now I am disappointed with Honda repair service, they can’t figure out the problem I’m taking my car in for the second time in this month. I hope the issue gets taken care.

D best family SUV
By s kaza

2017 Honda CR-V SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Its awesome

So far the best CR-V we owned
By Love are CR-V

2017 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

we have a 2017 CR-V and we live in Fargo, ND which is in the Midwest, it handle great on the road are auto start isn't the best for range. that your typical manufacture auto start but when you do use it. It takes in consideration on the temp outside to decide if you need the defrost on and heated seats or if you need AC for being a hot day. love the feature. as well half the time we are in a hurry in the summer we don't think to use it. but When your walking back to the CR-V on a hot day I take out my key fob tap then hold the unlock button and it will open all my windows to get the hot air out it. so I don't have to be in a hot car. but the ride is amazing, quit and great gas mpg for AWD.. and has tons of room in the back epically if you have a kid, we compared it to the Rav4 but its so small and is really tinning and way to light. and the Cr-V was heavy and came with a lot features like apple car platy and android auto and the safety is at the top rated. haven't had any issues and now owned it for about a little over a year now. I would Highly recommend the CR-V

Beware of major problem with Honda CRV 1.5L turbo
By Stephen

2017 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Purchased a new 2017 CRV with the 1.5 L 4 cylinder turbo engine. Over the last six months or so noticed the smell of gas fumes in the cabin when I started the ignition. These fumes would dissipate after a minute or so. The gas fumes have become more noticeable over time. Also noticed that my oil level was running high despite not having added any extra oil. I had read about problems on the internet with this engine and fuel/oil mixing problems---i.e. the smell of unburned gas in the cabin, high oil levels, etc... The dealership informed me today that I do indeed have this problem---they found gas mixed with the engine oil. Solution? None. They offered no help and said Honda has not yet even acknowledged the problem. So, in the short term all I can do is change the oil very frequently to try to protect the engine from being destroyed and hope that Honda owns up to the problem and offers some kind of fix. And no, the dealership was not willing to pay for the more frequent oil changes. From a health standpoint, one has to wonder about the effects of noxious hydrocarbons in the cabin----even if one cannot smell gas, that is no guarantee that hydrocarbon levels in the cabin are safe with the windows closed. What am I supposed to do---drive with the windows open all winter? This is a very serious problem. I feel like I've been ripped off.

Fuel in oil!
By Robert N. Bryant

2017 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Do not buy this vehicle. The engine is pumping gasoline into the oil crankcase. It's not about cold weather or short drives either. Honda is lying. I have a heated garage and this happened in the summer and I drive over 45 minutes highway miles, non stop each day. The dealership will not take action or fix the problem. Long term, the engine will not last.