Used 2015 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Striking the perfect balance of power and price.
By Kyle

2015 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Nearly a year ago, I decided to look around at a more fuel efficient option to the F150 I was driving. I had my heart set on a WRX, at least it was until I took a test drive of this Si. I admittedly didn't have the highest of expectations for it going in with what I had set my bar to, but I was completely blown away in every regard in the first five minutes of driving it. I've read a lot of reviews that the naturally aspirated 2.4L engine was lower on power than its direct competitors, but I'm never left wanting when I put my foot down (the lack of a turbo means no turbo lag!). The light weight of the body, and the short throw shifter makes the 205 BHP feel like more than it is. The engine and exhaust give the car a subtle, deep sound without being excessive or annoying to those in the car or around you, an excellent soundtrack for a windows open, evening cruise. The interior is surprisingly roomy for a compact sedan, the fit and finish is spot on as one has come to expect from Honda, the red/black two toned interior with the Si logo stitched in the seats, and the red gauges are a nice touch. If I had to make a complaint (and trust I'm having to reach for it on these), the front seats aren't the most comfortable for people with broader shoulders like myself, the audio could use a bit deeper of a sound, and the volume control on the touch display is a bit of a pain (easily remedied by using the steering wheel controls though). I'm generally very picky about the cars I drive, as a result, I've swapped cars more often than I care to admit, but I genuinely feel like I've found the perfect vehicle with this Si. You immediately get the feeling that the Civic Si is a love letter from Honda to people who enjoy driving. A vehicle developed by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts, still equipped with the modern safety features that DoT requires, without sacrificing the driver experience. Each gear change has that satisfying mechanical click to it, every turn of the wheel feels tight and responsive, and plenty of power when you need it. As long as I keep my foot out of it, I still even manage to get mid 30s on fuel economy. Before this car, I already respected Honda for their reliability and efficiency, but this car has given me a new love for the brand.

Awesome
By Piotr Rzymski

2015 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Before you buy this car: know that those 205 ponies are only pulling 3002 pounds, so it feels a lot quicker than most 205 HP cars.

Love my Scarlett
By Antonio Cosio

2015 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

2015 Red SI Sedan. Bought used with 4k on the odo in 2016. Previous owner had it for exactly one year. Great sports car and bang for the buck. This is not a euro luxo sports car. Its a drivers car. If you're looking for a luxo euro feel move on, this is not for you. 205 horses get up and go very nicely. Shift throws are wonderful. Handling on Continentals factory equipped is really nice. I'm 6' 1" and fit comfortably, seats grab you and settle you in. Again, sports car feel. You can pay more and get more (Focus, WRX or WRX STI) but the performance of the SI and value is unbeatable. Had a 96 civic with over 300k that my son now drives so its a Honda with Honda reliability. Love the touch screen and the stereo. Mine does not have the navi system on it so i cant really comment on it. My only 2 complaints, drivers side mirror does not toggle far enough to the right so there is a blind spot and you need to be careful changing lanes to the drivers side (left side has the camera, maybe this gets tweaked in 2017). I miss the temperature and oil gauges which are now idiot lights. Other than that, i am super happy with this car. Its a joy to drive in the city or the highway and i get 32 mpg on the highway at 75-80. Hopefully plan to drive this one for a few years as well.

Oh, for 15 days...
By Tina

2015 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Big plus, despite EPA rating, I averaged 39 mpg for the 15 days I had the car (which I apparently cannot say below in Car Details. Has a lot more technology than I needed or was accustomed to and obviously in 15 days, I was still getting use to the car. Totally awesome to never have to remove keys from pocket, bag, etc. That was great-no inadvertently dropping keys in hard to reach places (I had a 2006 Honda prior to getting this 2015). I can't honestly comment much more. At the 15 day ownership mark, at 12:30 PM I was nailed in an awkward rear/side position by a drunk driver. While the entire left side must be replaced :( and I don't know why the left-side air-bag did not deploy. Waiting to know if there is further damage, not visible without a lift. Otherwise, given that I was slowing to turn (guessing down to about 30 mph) and the other car was by witnesses' accounts speeding at minimally 70 mph, I sustained minor injuries most likely due to Honda's design of the passenger cabin.

Performance value
By Jess

2015 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The car is amazing. It still turns heads a year later. In 2015 the Si was the best bang for your buck. 205 horsepower out of a naturally aspirated engine. While other cars in the class can put perform they are forced induction cars, the Si is not. They are also 4 grand more than the Civic Si. Which is the price you would pay for am aftermarket turbo.

The interior is really nice, it stands out. At first the red and black seats in a car that is neither red or black, didn't seem to fit, but I wouldn't change them for a different color. The steering is smooth, the shifter is smooth. Lane watch is amazing, more cars should have it. It helps prevent accidents I can see cars that I might have not seen otherwise.