Used 2014 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Reviewing the reliable egg
By Cindy Stewart

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

A/C didn't work from the start
By Chris

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

yes that's right first week i went to use the a/c and nothing but warm air came out, wish I tested it at the dealer. Was very unhappy to have not even a week old car in the shop needing a repair. Two years with it and its starting to show some wear. The paint isn't durable there's a couple rock chips on the hood. Things I don't like: everything about the CVT especially the loud whine noise. don't recommend for highway driving., excessive road noise, no volume knob, numb steering and driver side window shifts the interior door in the direction of the window going up and down.

My second Civic one year later
By Honda Girl

2014 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Excellent value for the money, Honda reliability and resale. CVT takes some getting used to, very good MPG with or without the Econ feature activated, awesome highway car!

This is my second Honda Civic. I replaced my 1994, also purchased new, one year ago. I love this car, especially the back up camera and handling. The ride over some city streets is a bit choppy but the OEM tires probably contribute to that. I find it a joy to drive on the highway without the road noise or driving fatigue that I experienced with my smaller old Civic. The CVT shifts smoothly and is different than a conventional automatic transmission, but I have not had any of the problems that some people mention. I like the sound system and being able to interface my IPad with the audio display. The build quality is solid without any squeaks or rattles. I would recommend Honda to anyone thinking about purchasing a new car.

My brand new 2014 Honda Civic EX keeps leaking!
By Jorge Molina

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in Nov of 2014 to replace my old 1989 BMW because this last one had some terrible leaks. I was tired of dealing with this so I decide to finally purchase a brand new vehicle and say "good bye" to problems. Well, in August of 2015 (not even a whole year after the purchase) I took my new civic to get its first oil change after about 8000 miles. When I was picking up my car, the service guys at Honda recommended me to take care of an "important" leak (leak!) that the car has, What??? yes, my brand new Honda civic, which I bought to get rid of the leaks and issues that I was having with my old BMW, was leaking transmission fluid. At this point I have taken the car to repair the same issue two times. The people at Honda told me that the issue has to do with the o-ring and the rear main seal. They even applied a dye and kept the car overnight to "make sure" that the problem was fixed. At this exact moment (when I wrote this review) I had the suspicious that the car is still leaking. I am very frustrated with this car. At this point I feel like Honda sold me a brand new lemon car and that really irritates me. My only hope is that if I confirmed that the car is a lemon car, Honda refund me or replace my car for another one. Otherwise, I would never buy or recommend Honda again in my life. By the way, and just to be fair, despite of the very annoying leak that the car has, the car works great.

EXL Sedan great value
By adansereau

2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 74 car !! Went back to a Civic Exl from an Accord sport 2013 I guess I like smaller cars. I see some complain about gas mpg and this is all about your right foot. the Accord could range from low 20s to well over 40 as to the Civic, high 20s to 41 42 when being careful. Love the keyless entry , blind side, the car really has great features, and has a sporty feeling. Plain and simple this is a lot of car for the money !!!!

keyless entry, blind side camera and back up cam, quality, the space ship dash is like a video arcade !! The cvt actually works pretty darn good as well

don't change it you may screw it up