Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2010 Civic LXS 5 speed manual
By jodar96

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it new on Feb 2010 for $16K ( MSRP $18,900)
I always felt Civic was the most reliable, refined, fuel efficient, fun to drive small car around. Its gas mileage I believed was the closest to a hybrid w/o the cost or engine complexity.

I was right on in every aspect. After over two years and 18K miles, it has never been back to the dealer for any repair. Its gas mileage is 36mpg on hwy doing 70-75.
and I have got 40mpg on three occasions when I keep the speed at 65mph.

Its 5 speed manual is amazingly precise and solid.
The car is agile, nimble, and very fun to drive.
The exterior shape eventhough goeas back to 2006,
is still pleasant to look at.

Exterior design, handling, gear shift feel, gas mileage, reliability, exceptional resale value. Solid and rattle free interior.

Honda often is clueless to little features that competitors offer in the same trim levels. The stereo does not have USB input for I-Pod or there is no outside temp display. You think after building the car since 2006, in 2009 refresher look, they would have added these. These feutures are only STD in EX trim. Even 2012MY still lacks outside temp display. Road noise could use improvement. Other cars in its class are quieter.

2010 Honda Civic Lx-s Sedan
By honduh10

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Handles like a go kart, in a good way, steering is nice and tight, not too tight. Suspension is firm around corners but absorbs the bumps. Gas mileage so far is 35 mpg with an automatic 50% highway 50% around town. Stereo is decent, not cheap, but nothing high-end. The lx-s comes with a black interior for anyone who hates the all gray look. Also comes with a small deck lid spoiler, rims, leather steering wheel and sportier seats. Engine feels like its going to run forever. Can't notice the transmission shifting except when going from reverse to drive. Back seat room is amazing. My 6ft 4in dad has leg room to move around and enough head room to feel comfortable. The flat floor helps alot too.

Speedometer, seems different/funky at first but makes sense, easier to see your speed without moving your hands all the time. Acceleration is great around town, you dont have to press down too far for it to get up and go. Has enough power to pass on the highway or country roads. Overall look, some angles of the sedan can look misleading for the 2009-2011 models, but in person its a great looking car. All black interior is rare, only avail on the lx-s and si's, love all of the interior. Alot of cubby holes/storage spots. interior lights light up the entire cabin. Haven't found something I dot like about the car yet.

The one complaint about the car I see alot is road noise. If you're soming from a luxury car or a cadillac etc...it will be louder than what you are used to. If you are coming from your average compact.mid size/ or full size car it will be about the same level of road noise, unless your car specializes in interior quietness. I think the one thing that can improve this is different tire. Not sure if they are factory stock but the Continental brand tires pick up the little rivets and slits in the road ways, has nothing to do with the suspension in my opinion, so with a different set of good name tires I dont see a road noise issue, I think all the pro reviewers are getting use to luxury cars.

17,000 mile update
By adansereau

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Well something went wrong with the civi ex coupe, a strut joint of some sort went bad at 15,000 miles and was replaced no charge, only took a couple of hours and they said it was unusual.
I am a car guy, oner 50 cars and have this civic coupe and 2010 crv ex as well, my wife and i swap so i don't get bored with either.
I keep trying other cars, sportier, and more frugal ones as well. The civic coupe gives you a bit of both, it is prety frugal when driven properly and can be 30 city and upper 38 plus highway no problem. It can be sporty to but not a sports coupe like an si or miata which i have had, but it gets far better gas millage than those two.
a fun good looking car !

Honda Civic rules
By ras1305

2010 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Honda Civic rules

Hard start from new and transmission problem
By waltersac

2010 Honda Civic LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 civic lx-s and about 4 months after i bought it we started to have a trouble with extended crank time "as the dealership called it"
They gave us the run around said they found a loose bolt in the fuse block but didnt put it in the paper work.
I have always took the car to a dealer to have all of the services.
We had it in the shop 3 times and was always told they couldn't find a problem.
We hit 23000 miles and started the car the check engine light came on and when I tried to drive it it would slam into gear and only shift up to 2nd gear.
I am completely discusted with Honda and the way they are treating us through this whole issue.
I will NEVER buy another Honda again.