Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Reliability is the key
By Bernie

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love the Civic LX. I gave it an 8 on economy but it's probably closer to a 7. I'm getting 29-30 with 50/50 driving thats a bit lower than I anticipated based on what several salespeople and the sticker claimed. They claimed it was better on fuel economy than the Fit which didn't seem likely but it tipped the scales toward the Civic. I would have probably bought the Civic anyway for better comfort but Fit owners have told me that they were getting in the 35 mpg range. I'm not sure that wasn't some sort of marketing ploy to bump up the sale. If you're choosing between those two look extra closely.

Wide sweeping windshield for better viewing. Lower dash aids with placement of portable gps and other small items and also aids viewing. Good cabin storage

I didn't realize till after I bought the car that the key does not have a remote for the trunk. Wrong place to save a few manufacturing dollars.

Common sense, fun car
By Lou

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Hands down, best value for my hard earned money. Solid build quality top residual value in its class a true winner

Looks, (I have the 2 door coupe)

Wish it had fog lamps as an option on the lx

Fantastic
By waynegroh

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car has been great so far, no problems with the emergency brake rubbing against my leg, unless you are a bigger person, I am 5'10". and there is ample room between my left leg and the emergency brake. I've had the car for two weeks now, and I love everything about it. I don't hear the road noise that some people have concerns about. the only thing that is tricky, is the blind spots in the car. Just take your time, and you will be fine when looking out for other vehicles on the road. I really like this car! The a/c is cold, and the radio is surprisingly loud. The high beams are extremely bright which is good in desolate unlit areas. It has ample pickup speed. I have the automatic model :)

size, gas mileage, radio, comfortable seats, good radio, cold a/c and a quick quiet comfortable ride

have bluetooth standard on all vehicles

The 2005 had better additions
By wshazbot62

2010 Honda Civic DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 VP same as the 2010 I have now, big difference. The 2005 had keylock doors, smaller dashboard, a lid to the center console, ya really. I would have thought it would have new upgrades, not take away upgrades. I am so upset with how they took away minor options, that I thought were standard. You can hear the road noise a lot more in the 2010 then the 2005 too. All in all I am not happy with the new one, the car has made odd noises since day 1 and I have never heard a car sound like that before. But when I take it in, no noise. The 2005 had a grinding noise in the brakes, I take it in 5 times and the 5th time they find sand, and find mine was not the 1st to have that problem.

The 2005 had better pick up, and had a lot better features then the 2010. Other then the Mp3 plug.

The steering wheel seems to line up with the speedometer, it is right in your line of sight while driving. I tried moving it around, still was in the way. I didn't think a lid to the center console would be an extra item. They have them on the LX and other higher $ models. I can't find one anywhere?

Great Commuting Car
By Point A to Point B

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Wanted better gas mileage as I drive 50 miles total every day. I traded in my Accord (4cy)for the Civic - so far so good. The Civic is more fun to drive than the Accord and I actually like the simplicity of the interior. The ride is OK, not as comfortable as the Accord yet I find myself enjoying it more.

Simple interior design, gas mileage, fun to drive.

Move the emergency brake please - current location is right where I rest my knee.