Used 2002 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

ReeZee's Civic
By Sherry Morse

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

You should know that Honda automobiles are universally known as being as durable as the human body, in that, as long as you keep him/her fed (oil
Gas, water) with regular Dr/Mechanic visits, regular diet/oil, gas, water; it will keep going or growing well into their Golden years and beyond. Hondas are built to last, or at least they used to be. I driven a 2015 Honda Civic Sedan, and yes it comes equip with more electronics, and comforts, my 2002 Civic drives just as well and in my opinion, more reliable. The only reason I am considering switching cars is because I need more storage space for my growing granddaughter and all of her needed necessities.

Civic Club
By Richard

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Great car for going A to B economically. Not a sports car or even sporting looking. But bought used at reasonable price , most repairs were simply wear related ( tires, brakes) at a reasonable rate.

Avoid this car!
By pat osborne

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Honda had to pay some buyers for the flawed auto transmission & flawed strut mounts (that's what those clunks are from). It's sort of an Accord want-a-be. Very unsatisfying to me. A bore to drive. Honda quickly updated the 2003-05. I'm unhappy! This is my 12th Honda and this is my first lemon Honda! On the good side, it's a simple car with little else to go wrong but it's not a fun car.

my baby
By Michelle G.

2002 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Almost at the 200K mark with routine maintenance. I love my car. With studded tires I can zip around with no problems whatsoever in the winter. Reliability is of paramount importance to me and I'll be keeping her until she blows up on the side of the road. Hell, we all gotta go sometime...

Don't Believe all the Hype
By Gabriel Welch

2002 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 Honda Civic EX with 148,000 miles from a private seller. It seemed like a good deal at the time but a few weeks after purchase things began going wrong. The handling was non existent. Braking was poor. Suspension was stiff. Technology or lack thereof was unreliable. The ride was extremely uncomfortable. The list goes on. I didn't expect much from a used car with high mileage but this was too much for me. I've never had so many things inevitably go wrong on a vehicle. Keeping up with regular maintenance just wasn't enough for this thing. Bad tie rods, tie rod ends, timing belt, water pump, brakes, AC, coolant system, head gasket, everything that shouldn't have gone wrong did. The only thing that made driving this car bearable was the amount of money I saved on gas. The Civic truly is a gas saver. Needless to say I sold my Civic with 156,000 miles and bought something newer.