Used 1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Engine Problems
By Molly

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Got the car in May, and from the minute we drove off the lot, it burned oil like no other. Just kept an eye on the level and filled it when neccessary. Didn't think it was a big issue. Drove it down to Bloomington, a 4 hour round trip drive, with no issues. Commuted 40 miles almost daily for work, and definitely put 2k miles on it. It's now the end of September, and the engine is done for. Took it to the shop after it was idling super rough, and found out it was running on 3 cylinders and the engine was toast. 4 months for a car that was supposed to last me years. Only had 170k on it. I'm very dissappointed.

Honda 95
By Eric

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This car is dependable with working air zone heat, defrost . Standard, electric windows.

Love my Honda!
By Trish

1995 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I could NOT have asked for a better first car! I purchased this vehicle my freshman year of college with 220 k miles on it... It now has 251k on it! The only time I have ever broken down in the past two years was when the transmission went out... Which was what I believe to be my own fault! I was told by a friend that I was likely low or out of transmission fluid! Luckily for me my dad has a few mechanical skills so we bought a junk yard tranny for about $300 or 400... Besides that.. I have AMAZING gas mileage when I keep it tuned up. I've had brake pads changed a couple of times, and headlights a few times few to a short... But this is in a two year span with high mileage so all in all I think it's an amazing vehicle!

Love my honda
By Thor

1995 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Beat the crap out of the car, has almost 250k!!! Has had it's far share of repairs and aftermarket mods.... Love it will buy the exact same car again

My baby and she's a fixer
By onimpulse

1995 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Well to everyone who has problems with this car: The engine in this car craps out anytime after 200,000 miles. A few years ago, that happened to me, and I purchased another engine in LA that was shipped from Japan. Cars in Japan are not allowed to have more than, I think, 60,000 miles on their car. After this, it's technically illegal to drive. So they ship their old, perfectly great engines over here. My Dad gave me this car a few months ago after owning it for 12 years.The most reliable car ever. My Dad now owns the new Civic and a new Accord. I wouldn't trade my 95 Civic for any other new model Honda, Toyota, or any Japanese brand. I get GREAT gas mileage city or highway. up to 36.

Gas Mileage, decent space, stick shift is always fun to drive. It's now 2015 and this car is still my life. I would never put anything aftermarket on it. Stock is the best way to go... I wish other teens and young adults would understand that too.Replacing stereo and speakers was simple. I've grown attached to it and it is just so fun to drive, especially it being manual stick. it surprisingly has very good trunk space also.

The cons I HATE the interior. Cup holders are so tiny and cheap. Things spill all the time. Might want to replace them with something sturdier. It gets very hot in the car and a lot of the time the switch to change from heat to cool air breaks. I've replaced two, from junkyard Civics. Inside the car isn't too quiet either. We've spent 1,300 dollars to repair the AC in the car only to get it somewhat cold. Have to keep the AC on constantly to stay cool. While AC is on, it seems like you lose about 30 HP. It's a huge difference with it on. Definitely wish it had a bit more power. Usually put it in 3rd minimum to get up maybe 35 degree hills especially with AC on.