Used 1993 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate
$764 - $1,805

Used Civic for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Great on gas and reliable

honda637, 07/12/2013
VX 2dr Hatchback

I bought it when it had 97K miles original miles on it and at 130K miles I pulled out old weak motor and transmission aka d15z1 vtec-e out and put in a stronger sohc d16y8 and never looked back. I remember back then this car couldn't climb up a hill or beat my moms Geo Prizm, lmao! This car pays for it self within one year on gas saving powers! A die hard Honda fan! If you want a gas saver, this car is the way to go. If you want a monster horse power machine, this car is the way to go after a motor swap. What can i say this car is easy to fix/maintain and is awesome on gas. Plus mechanically, it will out last any other 1993 car, I swear! This car will probably be passed on to my kids.

Driven further than the moon!

brdesert, 07/16/2002
VX 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this 1993 VX since 1997 and have put 305,000 miles on this incredible vehicle. I still have the ORIGINAL STARTER, CLUTCH, ENGINE, PISTONS AND RINGS. Constant oil changes and timing belt maintenance is the key.

Best Econo Car Ever Made

Alex, 11/08/2005
VX 2dr Hatchback

Best econo car ever made and owned so far. Very easy to modify (interior/ exterior wise). I've added a 94 si moonroof, rear windshield wiper, 17" rims, slightly lowered, 99 si dash modification with all red lighting, DC5R steering wheel, 99 si OEM CD player and slave tape deck, better speakers, 99 si head lights, fog lights, 99-00 civic front bumper, power door locks/ power windows, and it still gets 55+ mpg with the added weight. This car may take a while to pick up speed, but is still fast for a super econo engine. So far have had no problems with engine/tranny. A great commuter car. It's a new experience when one drives a car that's nice to your wallet. I'll never get rid of this car!!!

I love it!

kangarro_rat, 02/07/2002
VX 2dr Hatchback

This car has stood up great! We got it orginally to make a daily 2 hour round trip drive, which it did for the first 4 years we had it. Now it's been given to me, a high school student, and has worked excellent. It has over 210,000 miles on it and has hardly any problems at all (only minor things that weren't it's fault)

steady, reliable, underpowered

sbgardne, 01/22/2007
VX 2dr Hatchback

Purchased new for EPA rating of 48/53 mpg. Still getting 40+mpg in combined driving. Currently 201,000 miles. I stuck to major maintenance schedules, and still have original radiator, clutch. Paint and interior still in great shape. GREAT little car, get a Honda only if you value a reliability, resale value, smart design, comfort, and want a worry-free ownership experience.