Skip to main content

12345...10

A Car For The Ages

goscience, 02/08/2011
Si 2dr Coupe

I want to second what all the previous reviewers have said. This car is an exceptional vehicle for the money. Reliable, fun to drive, driver comfort is excellent. This is not a muscle car; but who needs one. It has sufficient acceleration for passing and entering a highway and for long distance, the car just hums along super stable at 80 mph. I purchased my 1993 SI new and with regular maintenance it just keeps on trucking, I have 95,000 miles. I recently did a 4,000 mile driving trip from San Francisco along the West Coast up to British Columbiua. Then across and through the Canadian Rockies and back down through the Cascades. The car never failed me.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Still in love

madsci, 07/08/2008
Si 2dr Coupe

Bought my Si in 1993 and have never regretted it. Standard maintenance + replaced radiator & alternator. In 2005 my Honda dealer said I needed $2800 in preventive repairs so I decided to sell. Put a deposit on another car, couldn't sleep all night, went in and got my deposit back and took my del Sol to an independent mechanic. He did everything necessary for $800 and I'm still driving it, and I sleep well every night :-). I'm in the NE so I'm getting some rust damage and I have to replace some exhaust element every few years (can be big $$!) I get almost 40 mpg (5 spd manual) and I'll drive this car until one of us won't go anymore. At this rate (14.5 yrs and counting) it might be me!

Likes and Dislikes

Drifter924, 08/20/2008
Si 2dr Coupe

Since I purchased the first one I loved it. Great car automatic or manual 5 speed! The car handles great. Mine is all original until this past weekend when I wrecked it. Some light front end damage and hopefully they won't total it. I love the car and can't say much bad about it. I live in Ohio and I get about 30 to 35 miles per gallon and that's in town. But, that is keeping my foot out of it as well. My daughter's is an automatic and gets a little less but she has a heavy foot. As for the guy that said he had problems starting when warm, look for a relay under the dash! A common problem. Techs call it rainy day syndrome. It's hooked into the starter wiring, I think.

Del Sol Si

fab, 04/17/2002
Si 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It has the normal great Honda reliability. Gets great gas mileage (33-35mpg on a trip). If they still made this model I would buy it again.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Excellent car for a me and my purse

Carol, 06/30/2010
Si 2dr Coupe

My car is a '93 with 163,000 miles and runs as new. I just repainted it, have '17 chrome wheels and looking cool, nobody believes is a 17 years old car. Engine is excellent, the only thing I have to fix is a oil leaking, and the ac broke in the middle of Miami summer. It doesn't run more than 80 mph, but that has keep me free of speeding tickets. It's a very small car, so think is more for a single hot girl ;)

12345...10