2019 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews

12345...9

Pros
Cons

I love this car!

Mike J, 06/29/2019
EX 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is my first Honda ever and could not be happier! I have always bought domestic cars but did a lot of research before buying this car. Handling acceleration are second to none, rear visibility is a little obstructive but I went with the EX model with the blind spot detection and it really helps. The lane departure and autonomous features are a little over sensitive but it didn’t take long to get used to it. All and all a great car, we’ve had it about 3 months and have put about 6000 miles on and still happy. Gas mileage is excellent as well, I have actually been getting better than the 38 average on the highway, it’s closer to 40 mpg if you keep it around 65mph. I definitely recommend this car for a family sedan. My son even fits in the back seat and he is 6 foot and about 230, and that’s with his two sisters who are smaller.

Good car but uncomfortable driver seat

Eduardo, 09/18/2019
EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Overall very nice car. Elegant interior, smooth yet sporty drive. Quick. Great safety features. Everything fine except for one BIG problem for me: I just can’t find a comfortable seating position. Because the seat is so low it gives me back pain. I sort of solved this by buying a cushion but now my right knee hits the bottom part of the dashboard and side of the console. And my head hits the roof. I just can’t seem to feel comfortable driving the car. If leg space and seating comfort is important to you, the look elsewhere. Or make sure you test drive taking that into account.

Transmission Failure on 2019 Accord 1300mi

SMLBOB, 08/06/2019
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I have really enjoyed my 2019 2.0T Accord for 5 weeks and 1300 miles. And then my transmission warning occured, and it needs a replacement. Not sure if a batch of bad 2019 Accords are on the lots now or I am just unlucky. I would stay away from 2019's on the lot for a few months to see if more people have this issue. Otherwise a great car with poor support from Honda America.

Love my new Accord!

Elliot, 04/22/2019
Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I had a 2014 Ford Focus and it was having transmission issues (well known problem). I decided to shop around and after I drove the Accord Touring I knew I had found my new car. I looked at the BMW 3 series and Audi A4 as well as comparable sedans like the Camry and Mazda 6. At the end of the day, this car gives you great value and it looks so well made and handles like a dream. I would rather the top trim of this Accord than the bottom of a luxury brand. The features are phenomenal and it truly feels luxurious inside.

An almost perfect mid-sized sedan ...

Stan in NH, 08/18/2019
EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I now have just over 1,000 miles on my new 2019 Honda Accord EX-L equipped with the strong 2.0 turbo motor and 10 speed auto transmission. This is a very impressive sedan, with a surprisingly roomy and well appointed interior. So, what's good, and what's not quite so good? The driving experience is excellent. The car tracks well, the steering is on the heavy side ... which I like ... but is a bit in the numb side. The 10 speed transmission shifts very smoothly in normal mode, but is not as smooth in the Economy mode, which shifts more often. My EX-L with its 17” tires is very smooth on most road surfaces, and handles solidly with very little body lean or dive and squat. The standard Michelin Energy tires are not noisy. The car tracks very well on center, and highway driving is relaxed. The leather seats are comfortable, but could use a bit more lateral support. Padding is thin, and the passenger side seat has neither a memory function nor a lumbar adjustment. Headroom is generous, and visibility is fine. I did remove the rear headrests to improve visibility out back. The display screen is large, clear, and bright. CarPlay is seamless, and I use Apple Maps as my default navigation. I did not opt for the upgraded, and more expensive, Touring model because CarPlay's navigation is simpler to use and always up to date. The upgraded sound system that comes with the EX and EX-L looks better on paper than it sounds to the ear. With the Surround option enabled, bass response is reduced to almost zero. Without Surround, the system improves and you can get a reasonably balanced sound out of it, but it is not going to impress an audiophile. Interior noise levels are better than I expected, only getting loud over coarse pavement. Wind noise is absent. Fuel economy with bigger 2.0T has been good. I am averaging about 28-30mpg in local mixed driving, and about 32-34mpg with mostly highway driving. Not bad for a high performance turbo that sips regular gas. The safety nannies all work fairly well, although I have grown to hate the Lane Keep Assist, which I keep off. I just can't get comfortable with the car taking over the steering wheel. High beam assist is well done, and you maintain the ability to engage the high beams manually, unlike some other cars. My only disappointment so far has been in the build quality, something I never would have expected in a Honda product. Although the interior is flawless, the outside panel fit borders on poor. Seam gaps are large and uneven, and panel fit is inconsistent. I had my dealer adjust both rear doors, since neither was even close to a flush fit with the rear fenders. A lower trim panel is a,so not aligned properly, but I'll have that adjusted later. I have also noticed that the windshield glitters with what looks like micro chips when hit directly by sunlight. There are no chips at all, and the car had less than 20 miles on it when I drove it off the lot, so these must be internal reflections of some sort. A little disappointing, I must admit. Overall though, I don't think you can find a better mid sized sedan out there. The Accord handles well, is comfortable, and is a comfortable and practical cruiser.

Love EVERYTHING except the 19 wheels, THEY F'n SUC

Tj hudson, 01/07/2020
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

First off i LOVE the 2019 accord sport 2.0t.. car meets all ur performance needs and more for a family sedan. But if i'd of know how horrible the wheel combo was i wouldn't of bought it. Rims stick out further then tires, absolutely no rim protection, metal to curb. And actually mine were damaged driving over old busted speed humps. Missed tire and rode over edge of rim. No protection at all. The camber looks horrible, and i can feel EVERY crack bump and pebble of the road. The fact that u buy a sport 2.0 is to go faster but feel like i gotta go slower as not to bend a rim, which i did on a 1 inch deep pot hole (actually got out and measured it) They only other thing i disliked is that the sport 2.0 comes with the most BASIC sound system, my earbuds sound better

My first Honda...and I'm a fan!

#RichTheRealtor, 06/06/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

So I've been a lifelong Mazda driver...I've had the 6, 2 Miatas, and a Protege back in the day as my first car. I switched to Honda after my last Miata was wrecked (a very sad day...no joke :-( ), and my family showed me an add for the new Accord...in the Still Night Pearl blue...and OMG I fell in love immediately! Took her for a spin, and even my girlfriend loved it (and she had just bought a Mazda 3 last year!). The stick and clutch in the manual transmission are smooth as can be. I love the brake hold feature which even if you're on a hill, when you activate it...you don't move! So you won't roll when you take your foot off the brake to hit the gas. As I said, I was coming from a Miata...loved taking that thing on curvy roads...and this Accord handles just as well in the corners! It is noted the car is a little lower...but coming from a Miata it was a step up lol. But the low setting and wide wheel base makes for a drivers DREAM combination in a car!

Fun car to drive

Jim BC, 08/30/2019
Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

We've had the 2019 Honda Accord Touring for a little over six months now. It has a lot of power and is quite stable on the road at any speed. The safety features can't be beat. In the beginning front seats were very uncomfortable, seem to have softened up quite a bit and aren't so bad now. The power passenger seat doesn't have height adjustment which is odd and we miss that after having it on last several vehicles. On a 1500 mile round trip gas mileage while on the highway exceeded expectations at between 33 and 36 mpg. In city driving it's around 27, mixed city and freeway bumps it up to about 30-31 mpg. Low profile tires aren't very forgiving for ride and car wash track has scraped bottom of left front bumper because car is so low. Android Auto is great when it is working correctly but seems Google has a lot of issues, not specific to Honda. Considering upgrade to iPhone as it seems less problematic.

Keeping the manual transmission alive

Jayce, 01/24/2020
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Honda has always been known for having some of the best cars on the market. Reliability is one of the reasons I decided to go for the Accord. My very first car was a 2002 Honda Accord and it was a great car so that was my deciding factor. I needed a reliable car that would last me due to the fact that I drive over 20,000 miles a year. I've had the car for about 5 months now and it was very difficult to score the car. There's a lot of good stuff but also there's a few things that bug me. The car is fun...there is absolutely not doubt about that and being able to drive a midsize sedan that has a manual transmission is great. However, I can't stand the clutch on the car. For you car enthusiasts out there that like stiffer clutches or shorter throws, you will struggle with enjoying it. I find the clutch too buttery and the throws are a tad bit long. Granted I could've gone with a Civic Si or a Type R if I wanted a sportier feel but the Accord is a Sport trim so you'd expect it to live up to that trim title. Another thing, the gas mileage isn't that great. I average about 27mpg overall. A small fuel tank makes it feel like i'm wasting more gas than I actually am. I have to fill up every 4 to 5 days (I drive 65 miles highway daily and about another 5 miles are city). The next thing I can't stand are the speakers to the car. The Camry has an option of getting JBL premium sound...to be able to get premium sound in an Accord I'd need to get an EX-L and I am not a fan of the wheel design of the EX-L trim. The speakers on the Accord are a little less than decent. Once you go above level 13 on the sound, songs start to sound like crap. I'm paying $30,000+...I should have an option for premium sound. Now, the Honda Sensing Suite is a fantastic part of the Accord BUT it is WAY too sensitive. When I have Lane Keep Assist activated and I'm going down the highway on a straight line, the car will tell me to put my hands on the wheel. If I don't steer it to the right or left to "detect" my hands, it deactivates. The point of the system is to keep you centered but God forbid you're TOO centered and the car thinks you're not paying attention. Also, the collision warning is WAY TOO sensitive as well. I'm slowing down like normal but if I get too close and i'm not braking hard enough, the car freaks out. It's annoying and it's a known annoyance that the safety features are overly sensitive HOWEVER they work well in the worst case scenarios. It saved me once in thick fog. The Accord was able to detect a car in front of me and stopped for me. So as annoying as it is, I learn to deal with it for my safety. I own an Altima as well and compared to the Altima and also the Camry, the Accord does not lack in technology. Apple Carplay/Android Auto is standard, speed limit sign detection, and the gauge cluster is HIGHLY customizable. You can have album artwork displayed where the RPM's are, MPG, Maintenance, Safety Features, and more. Honda does give the car a lot of technology. Now, I know not having the 6 Cylinder is a bummer and believe me I was bummed as well...the 4 banger is not as bad as you think. Especially having a manual transmission. It's a fun little car and you can feel the turbo kick in as low as 1600 RPM. The interior is also very roomy. Most leg room in the rear seats which is important for me because I carry friends around and I'm tall so my seating position causes me to have my seat back pretty far. The interior does have cheap plastic (as all Japanese cars do) but Honda also added quite a few soft touch materials throughout the cabin so it doesn't feel that cheap. So overall the fun factor on the car is a huge plus, the technology is great, and it feels like a sturdy and safe car. I would've given it a 4/5 but I spend a lot of time in a car...so premium sound has always been a big factor for me. It was either a stick shift with extra leg room and a trash audio system, or an automatic with no legroom and a good sound system. Also the annoyance of the overly sensitivity Honda Sensing Suite bugs me quite a bit. Add that to the less than decent gas mileage, that's how I came up with my score. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful car and a great option and probably one of the best and most reliable cars on the market, but I'm just stating my opinions and my annoyances to possible help someone make a well informed decision on their next car. The Accord more than suits my needs I just wish there were some things different that would make it THAT much better.

I bought a new 2019 Sport 2.0 Liter/10AT Accord

SBerrett, 03/17/2019
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I really like the performance of this car that's rated at 6.5 sec to 60 mph. The 10 AT automatic transmission is as sweet as any six cylinder manual trans auto that I have ever driven. State Farm Auto dropped my safe auto discount on this car, even with its nine airbags and fully sophisticated driver's assist system. Go figure. I got 27.9 mpg on my first tank, on a city & highway mixed use.. If you are lead footed, I suspect that you won't do as well. The infotainment system is great, I bought the Accord because of my dislike of a comparable 2019 Toyota Camry's infotainment system. My only disappointment is that the power drivers seat isn't as comfortable as I desired. The 2.0L Sport strengths easily overcome its weaknesses in my view. This one is a keeper!

12345...9