Used 1998 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Still going strong
By jensters

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased car in '04 W/75,000 miles on it. I believe only 1 previous owner, they took great care of it. Knowing honda maintenance req. I immediately had timing belt changed, 6yrs or 100k miles (I think). I loved the car then and still love it now! My Avg. mpg is 24-26 (mostly hwy miles). I keep up on reg. maintenance.

Heard stories of transmission
probs but I haven't had any.@ 141k replaced rt fr axle,@ 155,000 miles replaced radiator. Other than those great engine.

Paint is starting to wear and had to replace pass. Window motor around 2010 but as far as reliability I have no complaint, 16 yrs & going strong can't argue with that! Love my honda

This was my first v6, love the power, even still! Very roomy. My large 110 lb dog fits easily in the back seat. Trunk is very roomy too...you can flip the back seat down for even more storage if needed, quite handy.

Interior noise could be less that's all I can think of.

Fun to drive Honda Accord
By sherrilee

1998 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This car is economical and fun to drive.

One of the best cars ever made
By philsie1

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Our '98 has 375,000 kms. We have had it for 7 yrs and love driving it. We have to retire it finally because of rusted out frame and gas tank from so much salt on the roads of Canada.
We have done very little to it except to replace all the brake and gas lines, again due to rusting.
Still gets excellent gas mileage( we were getting as much as 44 mpg).

So if you have 175000 - 200000 kms on your car, don't give up hope, there's plenty left.

First Car
By cosmicbrownies

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car was handed down to me in 2009, although it's been in the family since 2001. It currently has 175k miles on it. Hoping for many more.
Advantages: The build quality is fantastic. The power features still work like new, and everything in the interior has the feel of quality. Even the leather still looks nice. The car is very comfortable and stable on the highway. Steering is tight and suspension is firm. Also has a surprisingly huge trunk.
Disadvantage: The notorious auto transmission. Was replaced around 110k, and if this one fails, it'll probably be the end of the car. That's a shame, cause otherwise it's been great to me. Just wish it had the manual trans instead.

Great Reliable Car.
By pimpinpancakes

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car is great. It is the perfect size. Don't let it fool you because it is actually very roomy and has a large/tall trunk. Honda put a lot of thought into this car. Great first car. Safe also, I had a minor accident and it held up very well.

Gas mileage is good, 14 gallon tank usually around $45 to fill up and on the highway this thing sips gas.

I know these have tranny problems but mine was redone before I got it, also the paint seems to fade on these but get it repainted and youll have a beautiful car.