Used 2004 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Best vehicle I have ever owned.
By Eric F

2004 GMC Yukon SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 16 cars. I currently drive a 2004 gmc yukon denali XL. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have over 203,000 miles on the original motor and transmission. It is an absolute beast in the snow in colorado. I drove it across the country to georgia in the summer filled with furniture and it gave me no problems. I've never had any major repairs. Only a new radiator and water pump at 200,000. It tows a pontoon boat with no problem. Very comfy and quiet. Lots of power and very smooth. I don't want to ever get rid of it because it is such a great vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

14 years And 225,000 of great driving experience
By C R little

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Best car I ever owned. Low maintenance very few problems.

Load 'er up!
By TrackMan

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Yukon 4x4 new, and I am content on keeping it. It delivers lots of power and is a very safe SUV to drive in all kinds of conditions. It will pull about anything you can hook up to it, yet will result in good fuel economy for something this big. In the past when I had to get a group of kids somewhere not far away, I had sometimes 18-20 kids in it (took to the side roads of course). Besides having a couple of small items go wrong, it has been pretty much a perfect vehicle. If you are looking for a load 'er up and go set of wheels, you won't go wrong with a Yukon!

Comfortable ride, tons of space, good mileage, great cooling and heating, and it looks good doing everything.

None

Tough Truck
By Reckless Driver

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new. Been very tough on it, towing several tons through the 120° desert. In 2006 I put almost 50k miles on it. Survived some crashes, which, in a smaller car would have caused some major damage. In 2008 it started running funny, occasionally making some wierd sounds and smoke coming out the tailpipe. After it warmed up it was fine. Just recently, at 150k miles we found the problem. One of the valves is sticking. Also, at 130k miles the radiator and A/C began acting up, and it definitely has a leak. Now it makes terrible noises when the motor is cold, and idles at 500 RPM higher than normal under said condition. I feel it'll seize up in the next 10k miles, it's on it's last leg.

Toughness, towing capacity, smooth ride, tight turning radius, powerful engine.

Needs to be more mechanically sound (radiator, a/c, etc.), has only marginal fuel economy. It shouldn't have these kinds of problems for the price we paid.

Do Everything SUV
By bacchus_mn

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you need a rugged, go anywhere, tote your friends and family vehicle, then this is it. Very spacious, good performance for the size, and has a very sturdy feel to it. Although gas mileage is not good, I would hope anyone looking for a vehicle like this would consider gas mileage a priority. This vehicle has done great in MN's winter weather, and I've gone offroad in some tough spots and had no problems.

Interior comforts and strong engine performance.

In a perfect world - gas mileage, otherwise not much. The 3rd row seats can be cumbersome to get in and out.