Used 2004 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Yukon for Sale
Select your model:
12345...35

Pros
Cons

I love my Black Beauty

sammy d, 01/29/2006
Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is the greatest truck I have had. I had a 1995 Chevy Tahoe, I would never buy another one, although the gas is not the greatest, the interior is great and the truck is quick considering it weighs just over 5,000 lbs. All in All I love my 2004 Denali, and would never trade it for anything, except maybe a new Denali.

Oldest car in the parking lot

Jon, 05/01/2019
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am a teacher. Mine is the oldest car in the school's parking lot. The students have newer cars than mine. However, it is a dandy. I bought the Yukon used with just over 100,000 miles. It now has 270,000 miles on it. I have had two issues since owning my Yukon: (1) Although, I have only used the 4-wheel drive maybe twice, the transfer when out and cost $1,200 to fix. That was about three years ago, and I haven't had any other trouble. (2) My heat and air act up. It is only on the driver's. The passenger and rear perform well. This is a common problem with these vehicles; I have heard many owners complain about this. I may have the air on in the summer and the heater will sudden come on full blast and will not turn off. It doesn't matter that I turn it off by the knob, it still will not go off and the fan will not slow. The opposite may happen in the winter. I have been told it is a $600 fix as it would require replacing two computers. Oh and I have a lot of road noise around the front windshield, not sure why. No leaks or seal issues. I average 15 miles per gallon no matter if I use cruise, drive slow, pull my camper, or speed down the highway. The paint is fantastic, no issues with clearcoat and it still holds a shine despite the fact that I don't park in the garage. The third row doesn't really have leg room for adults. In the future I would by the XL version because it has more storage. However, I am determined to get 300,000 miles out of this Yukon before I buy my next one.

Load 'er up!

TrackMan, 03/29/2010
SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Yukon 4x4 new, and I am content on keeping it. It delivers lots of power and is a very safe SUV to drive in all kinds of conditions. It will pull about anything you can hook up to it, yet will result in good fuel economy for something this big. In the past when I had to get a group of kids somewhere not far away, I had sometimes 18-20 kids in it (took to the side roads of course). Besides having a couple of small items go wrong, it has been pretty much a perfect vehicle. If you are looking for a load 'er up and go set of wheels, you won't go wrong with a Yukon!

I love it!

skaylor, 06/25/2005
Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive! Best SUV that I have ever purchased. Great turning radius, sleek design, very comfortable. Only downfall is the gas mileage, but that's to be expected on an XL SUV.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

Dave Hackler, 03/02/2004
Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I trade annually, and I've owned many different vehicles. The Yukon Denali XL is my all time favorite. For ride and comfort I don't think you can find anything to beat it. The larger 6000 series engine make acceleration smooth and unlabored. Handling is a breeze with the power assisted steering. We test drove the Toyota Sequoia and were pleased with that, but we were convinced by the much more stable ride found in the Yukon.

12345...35