Used 2010 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 193 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Nightmare
By Karen Lee

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2010 GMC terrain has needed a number of repairs. The auto mechanic said he was disappointed with this vehicle due to the repairs that were needed. I have 60,000 miles and just last month the transmission busted, which cost $3,700. I have read that these SUV's have had many problems with the transmissions. So disappointed.

Worst car I've ever owned
By Kimberx3

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is the worst car I've ever owned! So many problems! Transmission replaced at 101,000 miles. Constantly burning through oil, blew a hole in the transfer case, chugging and during at stop lights, have replaced a rotor 6 times in the past 3 years. Getting rid of this vehicle the first chance I get!!

worst car ever
By Jocelyne

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Worst car I ever have bought this 2010 terrain in 2014 since I bought this car it being nothing but problem I greatly regretted put my money in this gmc terrain

Nothing but problems
By Ursula Sexton

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Do not purchase any GMC product. The quality of their autos is poor. Customer service is even worse. I have been lied too and put off by company concerning complaints and issues. Not a reputable company at all.

Pain of the Terrain
By vols

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have never owned a vehicle with this many problems. As soon as all the recalls started to roll out that included this one, I should have known right then to get rid of it. The value has depreciated so badly on it that it is sickening. Been in the shop on a regular basis to have various repairs done that were covered under extended warranty and some that weren't. Had the engine practically rebuilt and still have tons of problems with it. The fuel economy is no where near what is advertised for these vehicles either.