Used 2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sonoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

What once was, California ruined

Lar, 05/07/2010

I purchased my black beauty, SLS crew with 50 miles on it. I never had a moments problem with it, until I moved to California. The gas destroyed my engine. From 25 hwy/18.5 city to 14.5 hwy/12.5 city. In 9 months. The roads are so crappy they shook the speakers off their mounts and the asphalt ripped up my tires. They were pristine at 15,000 and needed replacing when I traded it in at 25,000 in 2006. It broke my heart to let it go but I couldn't afford whatever would happen next. Sparkplugs, EPA accessories, hoses, and belts were all replaced at 23,000, but the MPG didn't recover. WARNING!! Don't bring a midwest vehicle to California, sell it and buy one made for out here.

2001 GMC SONOMA Crew Cab

Dave M., 07/10/2003

Simply put, this is the best truck I have ever owned. It has all the bells and whistles, it rides like a luxury car and it is very ergonomic. The Vortec V-6 has ample power to tow a boat or small trailer and the on-the- fly 4 wheel drive is hard to beat. I reccomend this truck to anyone.

Sonoma

no, 07/10/2009

I have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle. I loved to drive it/love the way it looked but it sits broke down more than on the road. The fuel pump goes out about every other year, the power windows stop working, cd player stopped working. Had 38000 miles when I bought it (5-6years ago) and I only drive to work and back no heavy hauling it now has 100000 miles and the rear end is going out the transmission is going out couple of sensors in the motor are failing and it sits behind my garage..not the best $18000 spent! Really like the truck when it's running and not costing me money.

gmc

Marjie, 07/21/2003

this is a great vehicle but looking forward to the release of the GMC Canyon.

Great (SO FAR) Minor stuff only

Trout Terminator, 02/16/2004

Bought this little gem to cart around the oompa loompas and haul the boat, 17 foot Starcraft (2300) lbs. This truck does it all very very well. Good to fair gas mileage. (not bad for a semi- thristy v-6). I get good mileage with A/C on full blast also. Truck doesn't mind a/c when towing and doesn't lose power. Has a little bit of a knock when you floor it....49k miles and have only replaced the battery. (delco batteries aren't top quality). Gas gauge failed at 41k, thank god I bought extended warranty. I still paid $140 out of my pocket to fix gauge. I paid 18,600 used, 14k miles on it originally. I think price equals value here.