Used 1996 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews

$931 - $1,975

Used Sonoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I stole it for a small fee

Preston Froelick, 06/28/2016
SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Its well worth the money spent.

kind of bitter

Jdog, 09/20/2002
SLS Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

Is a 5-speed manual. The transmission went out, was impossible to find a used replacement. A new one will cost me 2500.00 not including labor.

Great little truck!

stevedb, 10/22/2002
SLS Sport 2dr Club Coupe SB

Truck has over 117,000 miles and has never let me down. Made mostly short and day trips. V-6 had great power for passing and hauling. V-6 & auto trans got 22 city and 25 highway mpg (better than L4/Maunal was rated. Only did regular maintenance, no other $$$ were spent. Only complaint ss lack of good lumbar support on seat. I am buying another one now due to the great rebates and my GM Card points.

Tell me it's not so!

Showtime, 01/05/2003
SLS Sport 2dr Club Coupe SB

I've had this truck for 2 years, and for the most part it had run good. But over time, as the miles add up (118,000 now) the performance just craps out. In its prime, the truck was very very quick, and ive beaten all kinds of cars and trucks with the peppy 4.3 V6. But the transmission is dying, the A/C was dying at the end of summer, the interior has been falling apart, the truck has become a complete dissapointment.

creampuff sonoma

majorgeneral, 01/15/2003
SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

An okay little truck that has served me well. Bought to replace my 81 Silverado. I like the economy and handling or the 4.3 vortec. The auto trans was ruined by a bad torque converter at only 73k pampered miles, too young for that kind of failure and forever ruined my long relationship with GMC. Brakes routinely fail when spindles get wet, owing to crackpot abs system that I despise. Too many relays and such that makes trouble shooting for the shade-tree mechanic impossible. Next truck will be a seventies vintage something, but definitely not GM.