Used 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Big Mistake!!!

Sick, 03/02/2017
SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

So this was the first brand new vehicle I ever purchased. Yes it is beautiful. Love the big screen , dual climate controls( which I can see make a difference) and you have to have it on full blast for people in the back seat due to no vents back there. Love the nice leather interior. However, lights are horrible at night. Hard to see anything. Bluetooth worked good at first but now can't understand anything. Weird! The back glass leaked and stained the headliner. It's in the shop as we speak. The WORST thing is since about 5,000 miles it has had a clunking noise after going 5-10 in traffic then speed up it clunks and jerks super hard! I've had it to dealer four times they say " oh that's just nothing, that's just how these new vehicles shift" BS. I work hard for my money and for what I paid for this GM needs to fix it! I would think twice maybe three or four times before I buy one.

My favorite truck!

Jared K., 03/30/2016
SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've driven plenty of trucks - F150, Chevy Avalanche, Silverado...but this one...this one blows them away! Looks amazing. Drives amazing. Technology is amazing. Comfort is amazing. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this 2015 Sierra SLT Z71. I'm not one for fancy things, but I felt that I deserved a nice car - and this is definitely a nice care. Interior is well appointed with leather trim on the wheel and dashboard; nice wood and aluminum accents throughout the cockpit; user-friendly steering wheel and touchscreen controls; heated AND cooled seats; heated steering wheel for those cold mornings; power seats; and plenty of leg room in the back. Exterior is clean: 22" wheels help you ride a bit higher so you'll have better visibility; chrome accents are eye catching, but modestly appointed; overall...it just looks GOOOOOD. Ride is smooth and isn't "trucky" if that makes sense.

Great look Bad Price

Dustin, 10/06/2015
SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: look great, nice mpg, Cons: head lights, can't see anything at night and worse in the rain; head rests, very uncomfortable too far forward; vibration in drive line while driving; no radio reception at all; transmission shifting problems; windshield wipers are worthless; dealer help anymore is bad at best. I'm done with GM

Tailor Made!

Bruce Northam, 08/16/2016
SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I should start by saying I have the 5.3 V8. It has more than adequate power. The payload exceeds the 2007 I previously owned. Because I have radical lug mud tires, my fuel mileage is only about 16MPG. I expect it will increase when i put street tires and quit hauling heavy loads or pulling a trailer. It has the trailer towing pkg, 4 wheel drive, and I believe it has been lifted, since I can't reach over the bed to access the bottom of my tool box. The BEST I have done is 20MPH but it is avging 16. i am running 275/75/18 tires. It also has the locking differential, a must on a 4x4. The trailer brakes are integrated into the dash, I love that. In fact the only thing it doesn't have is a telescoping steering wheel, but it does have adjustable depth pedals. It is as if I custom ordered the truck, I LOVE IT!! I STILL love it. Switching from the mud tires did increase the MPG. I average about 17 in town and 20 on the highway empty. It has a 4" lift. I've driven it more I love it so much. About 15k instead of 10 over this last year.

Don't drive at night

Jim, 12/19/2015
SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Headlights suck. Chime is too loud and can't adjust. For a MSRP of 36K for a base model, I am kicking myself. No power mirrors or door locks even! $36, 000 and no power side mirrors or locks? Really? No Blue tooth. Literally hate driving at night because the headlights are so bad. Dealer said, they are aware, there is a TSB, but no new light bulbs. Only one bulb for Hi/Lo beams. Just.....what a rip off and shame on me for doing it. Kudos' GMC, no wonder you had record sales figures!