Skip to main content

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4.75 out of 5 stars

High Speed Vibration

nice shakey ride, 08/28/2009
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this o9 after the deals made it to good not to get rid of 05 Right from beginning i have had a vibration from rear of truck at 70 mph and up the dealership tried swapping tires with brand new truck same tires same result GM has told the dealership what to check as they had and am now being told that i have to live with it I would like to hear from anyone that has had similar problem Truck only has 2000 miles on it something isn't right

Also Consider
5 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Great Truck

pyusmc66, 06/06/2011
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4dr Extended Cab 8 ft. LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck 12/30/09 with many incentives, but you are never going to beat a dealer on a negotiation. Got a fair price. Disabled Vietnam Veteran who uses this truck primarily for towing a fishing boat and around the home hauling. Extremely comfortable on my back. I love the Active Fuel Management which is very good at maximizing mileage with cruise. Also love all the bells and whistles bluetooth, onstar, sound system, quiet interior, mp3 etc. Have been very happy with the drivetrain even though the 6 speed auto became available on this model in 2010. Would absolutely recommend this truck to anyone and love buying American and glad GM is doing better.

2.75 out of 5 stars

Big rebate did not help----over paid

John, 12/15/2009
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has numerous quality control issues. I wish I did not take the rebate so I could take it back. I found the sticker amusing regarding the price to operate this truck per year is based gas at $1.90 a gallon. Read the little numbers on the mileage because it states "most will get between 11 to 15 per gallon". I must be part of the most crowd.

2 out of 5 stars

Worst truck I have ever had

Nathan, 08/14/2018
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4dr Extended Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this one owner truck used from a dealership with 65k miles. I have had it for less than a year and put 13k miles on it and it has been in the shop more times than my 2001 Silverado with 220k miles on it. The front end is awful. I have had ball joints, drive axles, and brake issues over and over again. DO NOT BUY THIS TRUCK. Buy a Toyota, they’re more reliable and you might actually get to drive it rather than sit in the shop

3 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

2.88 out of 5 stars

Not the Best

rockytop2, 10/31/2014
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Work Truck 4dr Extended Cab 6.5 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My 2009 GMC Truck has 35000 and I have already had to put over a 1000.00 into it. First, after 2 years the Evap Vent went out covered under warranty, they replaced the vent. I went out again shortly after year 3 after warranty. Had to pay 500.00 for a special kit to be installed. This was a known problem but GMC would not pay. Year 4, the alternator went bad. 480.00 to replace. Now the steering is making a loud groaning noise when turning. Said may be a bushing and could cost a small fortune to fix. So I would never recommend GM to anyone and will never by another. In my opinion, any vehicle should go 5 years if taken care of without any issues. Pitiful product GM.

12345...7