Used 2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

2009 CC SLT 5.3L Flex Fuel

Colorado, 07/01/2009
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Get the 5.3L with the six-speed automatic. Averaging 20 MPG over first 2,000 miles 85%/15% Hwy/City driving. 20 inch wheels (rims are ugly) make for very smooth ride. Engine is very quiet with good power and shifts are very smooth. Quiet interior is a plus, and the leather seats are comfortable. Plenty of power to pass without sacrificing economy. Use the manual shift overrride function to control downhill speeds. Wife likes the 6-way seats and adjustable pedals with the memory function for seat/mirrors.

This Truck Is A Winner

Clinton, 07/05/2009
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I traded a 1997 Sierra with 215,000 miles for an 2009 Sierra 4WD Z-71 crew cab after a search of every make out there. I should have went straight to the GMC dealer as I have not been disappointed. This truck rides/handles like a car, gets great mileage (avg 17.1 in mixed driving) and is loaded for comfort. I have had two issues addressed by dealer, rubbing noise on drivers door and rattle in drivers seat belt system. Both fixed on first visit. This is not the least expensive truck out there, but the looks, fit, finish and quality makes it a winner.

Going strong

captaingood, 12/17/2012
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

original owner 2009 103,000 miles daily driver 100 miles every day to work and back. this truck has never let me down rain or snow i never miss work or anywhere i need to go.

Worst truck I have ever owned

doug wigginton, 04/04/2015
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This truck on has 43,000 miles. I bought it new. I has never been used as a 4X4 and has been cared for. It still looks brand new. However, I have replace the evap valve twice ($500.00 each), power drivers seat needs to repaired ($500.00), growl in turning mechanism (cost ?), mirrors will not retract (cost ?), problem with the lights dimming (ext. $500.00). Engine light on again!!! I will never buy another GM product! Friend had one, same year and model, same problems.

Love this truck

ted, 01/10/2009
SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 2007 Duramax classic body for this truck. It is the best truck I have driven. It's fun to drive, great build quality. Great highway ride and good off road (but sits a little low) Handles ice and snow like dry pavement. I would recommend this to anybody loking for a change from the rough riding poor handling truck of a few years back.

12345...6