Used 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best PU on the road

denali owner, 03/19/2005

This truck has the comforts of a car, and the abilities of a truck. Interior is comfortable, and it will haul and tow like nobody's business. 4 wheel steering is amazing! You can u- turn on the average city street and the manueverability in parking lots is unbelievable. Drive one. Try to drive something else. Enough said.

A great truck

Bob Woods, 04/03/2003

This is a great truck, it performs as advertised and delivers 20 MPG at 70 MPH. It has the 5.3 and drags my 20 foot fifth wheel like its not back there. Will repost after one year. This is my third GM truck, my last one was an 88 and before that a 67.

2002 GMC 1500 SLE

Ray Teske, 05/13/2003

If this vehicle got better gas mileage it would be a 12. I've driven pickups as my primary vehicle for the last 9 years. They ride far better than a car, can carry whatever I need to carry, get me where I want to go in the worst weather imaginable, and they don't cost any more than a car, except for the gas mileage thing. I'm a big man who needs room in a vehicle and these trucks give me that in spades. If you don't want to squeeze into a small car, get a truck.

Sierra Denali

kimsli, 05/17/2003

Vehicle rides and handles like a high- end SUV. Vehicle is very agile and maneuvers easily in traffic. All- wheel steering and ample power make trailering seem effortless.

2002 gmc 1500 4x2 sle

will160, 03/12/2002

come on GM this is 2002!dated interiors,cheap feeling parts,ergonomically is only o.k.,my last 5 trucks were fords,it was time for a change,giving gmc another chance,but 20 yrs.later i still feel some reslembence to long ago!i need to sell my 97 ford f150 lariat asap! so i can stop comparing the gmc 1500 sle to it. new f-150 for 2004?,cant wait!

Great Truck!

dnlintl, 06/07/2003

Bought the truck as a family vehicle for the wife an 2 kids. Plenty of room for every one. I would have preferred the crew cab version if they weren't so dang expensive!

This one is a keeper

Fishin'Fool, 05/22/2003

Mine is a 4.8L with a 3.73 rear end. Gas milage is a consistent 16mpg, regardless if its in town or freeway. It has plenty of power, is built well and a PLEASURE to drive. And it turns heads. People come up to me and say they like the lines of the truck, as opposed to the other brands. The body work is excellent with no defects in the finish. The interior is roomy and my teenagers don't bump their head on the rear window as in the Ford. After almost a year with this truck, and I have no complaints whatsoever. I'm definitely hanging on to this one!

great

billlotida, 03/18/2002

great

Most dependability

Matt Smith, 12/07/2019
4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this pickup since I was 18. I'm 27 now. Ots gotten me thru college and many many many spur of the moment road trips. I got it with 142000 miles, it now sits at 342590. I never have a problem with just waking up in the mornings and without a second thought, just hoping in and going 300 miles just because I want. This thing is the best vehicle I've ever had by far! And it's never let me down just to hook up and roll out with over 6000 lbs. I did take my 4.8 out and replaced it with a 5.3l. Just because I do pull anywhere from 6000 to 8500 lbs. and haul over 400 lbs worth of tools and a 300lb bumper replacement brush guard. I love it!

AWESOME 18 YEARS OLD STILL RUNS GREAT

Joe, 02/22/2020
4dr Extended Cab SL 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Keep oil change properly it will treat you good

51050