Used 2000 GMC Jimmy Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 GMC Jimmy

View reviews for a specific Jimmy model:

I love this truck!
By ~*elle*~

2000 GMC Jimmy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 2nd Jimmy. I bought my beautiful truck used with 100,000 kms and I've had no problem with it other than a few minor things like replacing the battery, very little paint coming off the roofrack, small coolant leak which was quickly fixed by the dealership I bought it from. I love this truck even though the gas mileage stinks bigtime for city driving. Love the cold air, sunroof, and heated leather seats.

Sunroof, heated leather seats, lots of cargo space, lots of room to get my baby's carseat in and out of the back seat.

Better road handling around corners. Better gas mileage.

Built Strong
By burrningrubber

2000 GMC Jimmy SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this SUV as my first vehicle with 123,000 mile on it and the only thing to ever go bad was the heater core. The part was only 50 bucks. I installed myself to save money. The 4x4 feature is awesome. Auto 4x4. Great.

I have turned off the car and locked the door and then turn around reallizing I left the keys in the ignition like 5 times already. But if the key is in the ignition in any spot and you lock your doors the front driver door automaticly unlocks so you don't lock yourself out. Love the auto lights.

Make doing work on the car easier. Make it not so crammed together in there. At 125,000 miles the tranny is just slightly showing a little slow response in shifting.

Car from hell
By Fed up jimmy owner

2000 GMC Jimmy SLT 4dr SUV

I bought this car with 21k miles on it and from day one it has been hell. I had to repalce the fuel pump 2 times, the alternator, the ball joints on all tires, the driver and passenger door hinges, the catalytic converter, the muffler, all 3 oxygen sensors, the moonroof motor, shocks, the driver side window motor. Let's not forget to mention that I have to replace brakes every year and the fact that my fuel light comes on at about 170-180 miles on a fulltank of gas. Stay away from this truck. It is fun to drive, but it will always be in the repair shop.

The 4x4 is great and reliable. Never got stuck in the mud or snow here in Cleveland, Ohio

Make the truck more reliable. A longer warranty and higher quality parts that do not always break down.

Diamond in the rough
By BJ

2000 GMC Jimmy SLE 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, the Jimmy is a good SUV. The main problem encountered with the car was front end repairs and numerous brake replacements. Good performance and average comfort. For the money not a bad buy.

Performance from the V-6 is great.

Better quality brake pads and discs along with ball joints and front end suspension would greatly improve the maintenance costs and reliability of this vehicle.

iIs this a nightmare or not?
By pat

2000 GMC Jimmy SLS 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle with 33,842 miles. At 36,597 the intake manifold valve had to be replaced. At 52,181 the ABS pump and master cylinder had to be replaced. The driver's back seat rest handle broke off and the mileage is horrible. It also is the noisiest vehicle I have ever driven. In essence, I have only driven this car 18,339 miles in 4 years (purchased in 2002). After reading the article in the Detroit Free Press, dated May 23, 2006, re: Dex-Cool, what might happen next??? I also got a printout of previous repairs and it's 2 pages long. Ford Fusion here I come! I have been a GM customer for 40 years and have always had problems. I'm DONE.

The overhead compass and the back hauling capacity.

Seems either you get a lemon or a peach. Where is the quality control?