Used 2005 GMC Envoy XUV SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Envoy XUV for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Not Happy

not happy, 09/03/2010

Everything electrical has gone wrong, gas gauge, speedometer, cd player, elec seat control, air conditioner dual accuator replaced both $1900, replaced thermostat and fan clutch, oh and wires were melting behind the controls of the Air Conditioner $490.00. I am the only owner and my miles are only at 55,000

Most versatile vehicle I've ever owned

ddtexas, 11/10/2008

I flew to Alabama from South Texas to get the XUV because it had been discontinued and was hard to find. I will keep my XUV until it dies, because of how versatile it is (SUV/Pickup). Not to mention how enjoyable it is to drive. I've taken it to the Smokey Mtns, the Ozarks as well as traveled home to Wisconsin from deep South Texas without any problems. To me this is the perfect travel vehicle.

It only happened to you

Joel Larson, 05/25/2010

At 40,000 miles my my gas gauge quit working and went I went to the dealer he said it's not a warranty and it would cost me over $600.00 to repair. Then, a week later, my control for my fan went out on the 5th speed and a week later the 4 speed went out. again the dealer seem to very surprised and said wow this never happens either and for 500.00 they could fix the switch. What I find amazing is my wife's van made by Chevrolet has the exact same problem. GMC have to be aware of this problem but they don't care and people wonder why imports are doing well. We also have a 94 Honda in our family with 200,000 miles and we've done nothing except oil changes and tires.

If you find one, buy it!

GREENER, 11/19/2005

Rides like a dream. Looks exceptional, performs like a top of the line SUV should. Handles great in bad weather. OnStar gives me an added feeling of security, knowing that my wife and children are safe @ all times and just a push button away from help, allows me to rest easy. Sheer comfort! A joy to drive and plenty of room for all of us and our things. Towing capabilities are huge. I tow a 22 foot fishing boat with no trouble. The sliding rear roof feature has come in handy for my wife a couple times already. Bringing home large trees and shrubs for the garden, and I used it to bring home a new refrigerator. The only knock I could give, the gas mileage could be better.

Envoy XUV

Lucky John, 08/08/2004

The ride is excelent. No road noise etc. Design of inerior is excellent.Handling is very good unless you hot rod around, top heavy. Roof option on XUV very much ahead of it time.

The best truck for the money

Kendall, 09/03/2005

This is the truck of all trucks. It is so versitile. It is also a fun vehicle too. I have a V-8 and it really adds to the preformance. Gas mileage is resonable.

Love It !

BJ, 03/17/2006

We have used this vehicle constantly since purchase. It has been used for trips and pulling our trailer. It is not quite 7 months and we have over 18,000 miles on it. It has not failed us once! The far back area is used for our 4 dogs. With the window separating it from the seating area the flying fur is no longer a problem. To clean it you just need a hose. What a pleasure this vehicle is. The best ever!!!!!

A great car

Mike, 12/19/2004

Great car

My XUV

dakotaqueen61, 08/20/2005

They poorly planned the console/CD holder area. It's not convenient or safe to use while driving. CD's do not go in and out easily

Dependable Alternative

Gordon, 11/08/2008

I purchased the XUV after owning a 3/4 ton Avalanche. When gas prices started soaring, I worried about the 8.1L engine, but still wanted the utilitarian rear area. I have the 5.3L DOD (Active Fuel Management) engine and have owned the vehicle for a little over three years. I have had no problems with the vehicle and highly recommend it. I own a 22ft Toy Hauler trailer that weighs in at about 5,600lbs with water and ATV and use the Envoy to tow it. I have towed from Idaho to South Dakota and over 6% or better grades in the mountains around the area, and the truck tows great! This is a great alternative to a 1/2 pickup if you don't need the bed.

51050