Skip to main content

3.13 out of 5 stars

Waste of my money

wilsonmom, 07/01/2014
SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle with 30,000 miles 2 1/2 years ago with all of my savings. I wanted a vehicle that was sturdy, built well and going to last me at least 4 years. Now, 2 1/2 yrs later the transmission is blown, it needs a timing belt (which requires dropping the engine), rack and pinion needs replacing, both rear control arms are bad, and the catalytic converter is bad. This is besides the 10 other times its been into the dealer or repair shop in the 2 1/2 years for other problems. Now this vehicle is worth nothing for trade in and I have no choice but to pay over $6,000 in repairs. I spent $28,000 on this car, for what?!?! Two years of nothing but trouble. Never again GMC

ad labelAd
10 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
See current offers on the GMC Acadia
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Time to Sell...Maybe???

joemerchant47, 01/08/2013
SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have an '09 Acadia,well pleased.Had only one problem-rattle in A pillar.Dealer replaced trim-fixed.Headlight recall.No big deal.Bulletin/recall notifying possible stretching of timing chain.Took car in to reset computer for more frequent oil changes.I change more often than recommended anyway.Talked to mechanic,he hadn't gotten one back in yet for repair but said engine had to come out to replace chain.Power train warranty increased by GM to 100K.Here's my problem.We don't travel much.My car is just about to turn 26K miles so by the time any major problem occurs my warranty will have run out.Is it time to sell this car which is now in excellent condition?

3.5 out of 5 stars

The Fuel Injectors Stopped Working

15monthsapart, 08/09/2010
SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Acadia for almost two years, come February. Two of the fuel injectors started leaking two weeks ago. The engine light came on at the same time my engine started smoking and hesitating in rush hour traffic. OnStar ran a diagnostic and reported the findings to me. I had it towed in to the dealer, they wouldn't tell me the problem until I told them that OnStar had already made it known to me. Four days later I drove my Acadia back home and fumes were coming through the air vents. I took it back to the dealer. They said the other fuel injectors had stopped working. I'm not an auto mechanic, but this is bad, right?

4.63 out of 5 stars

very upset

conniea30@sbcglobal., 06/25/2009
SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i had an acadia since 2/2009 it has been in the dealer shop for one month total on and off the battery keeps draining my truck such beutiful not to be countent to be used...

2.88 out of 5 stars

Very Disappointed

Disappointed, 07/26/2009
SLE-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought 2009 Acadia in March 2009 and have had nothing but problems. The dealership has tried to fix the air conditioning and pick up with no resolve of problem. LV is very hot and w/o good air, it is impossible. Freeway driving is terrible when a Prius passes you up with no acceleration. Car has been in shop several times with no fix. I would not recommend this car if they all drive the same way. No one wants to actually fix the problem. It may be a LEMON. GMC does not seem to care. So GM cars with all their problems may best be avoided to buy until they resolve to take care of customer problems or replace their LEMONS. Milage has averaged less than 17 miles to gallon more like 15 even HWY