Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used G90 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Moving from the A8 to the G90

Larry, 06/16/2019
2019 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

Drove a fully loaded Audi A8 for the past 3 years and decided to check out the G90. Had it about a month so far and very happy with it. All the toys of the A8 and quieter, smoother ride. Doesn't have the brand recognition yet but seems to have everything else at a lot less money!

Finest Luxury Car In the World that Nobody Knows

Timothy A., 08/06/2019
updated 02/11/2020
2019 Genesis G90 Ultimate 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 8A)

This is the finest luxury sedan in the world that nobody knows about. This is because Genesis totally botched the product launch of this vehicle and all the marketing dollars go now only to SUV's and not sedans. I ordered my 2019 5.0 Ultimate model in July of 2018, and it took 7 months to arrive. It didn't come in until the end of January 2019 in the color and configuration I wanted. That being said, my insurance company tells me this is the 24th car I've insured in 40 years of driving, but it most assuredly is the best by far. All I can tell you is everything is just........Right. Car and Driver calls it the "zen catacomb" and I would totally agree with this description. The car only has a few nitpick items, and none of these should stop you from buying the car. The turning radius is huge, due to the long wheelbase and All Wheel Drive (AWD), but it's tolerable. The dashboard is non-symmetrical and sort of slopes down and falls off to the right, and that really takes some getting used to if you're expecting symmetrical balance and level dashboards . Like many imports, the damn designers leave no place to hang a front license plate, so the dealer will set you up with this plastic flap tongue thing that hangs from your grille, and looks fairly ugly and out of place. It's also pretty hard to do a quick sound system volume change using volume control on the steering wheel without triggering it to go full mute - it's a switch design issue. Lastly, the car is about an inch and a half too low. I know letting air under the car is a bad thing and affects mileage, but in the real world there are parking garage ramps and driveways with 30 and 40 degree slopes out there and it's hard to navigate these without grinding the chin skirt off. On the upside, there are no options with whatever model you pick, and everything is included. It is a fabulous car. This car is a category killer, and you'll be beating the best that Mercedes and Audi offer in the $120K range, but only paying $76K. Fantastic value.

Absolutely a Fantastic car

Brian OBoyle, 12/23/2018
updated 06/30/2022
2019 Genesis G90 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I enjoy just getting into the car never mind driving it. Luxury at a great price. now 3 years old and people continue to say what a great looking car and my reply s" wait to you drive" even better !

4 out of 5 stars

Great Car but Questionable Corporate backing

Bob C of Bakersfield CA, 04/27/2020
2019 Genesis G90 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

First off, this car is technically a marvelous vehicle and a pleasure to drive. I bought it in August 2019 and one of the main selling features was the Concierge/Valet support when the car is serviced. Unfortunately for me, the dealership I bought from discontinued carrying the Genesis brand in Jan 2020 and the nearest dealership is now 85 miles away. The Valet service also went away. According to Genesis headquarters, the Valet service is provided by the dealership (not Genesis) and is limited to a radius of about 50 miles from the dealership. This despite all the claims on Genesis websites that the Valet service is a benefit of purchasing a Genesis. No satisfaction received after numerous calls to their headquarters. Might as well have bought a Ford or Chevy - No Luxury car owner special treatment from these people.

1 out of 5 stars

Update 8/2021 My second Genesis and perhaps last.

Preacher, 02/03/2021
updated 08/03/2021
2019 Genesis G90 Premium 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

1. Issues with windshield wipers that turn on during the dry, hot summer. 2. Heated and cooled seats stained when used. Dealers keep passing off to the dealership I purchased it from, which is 250 miles away. 3. Scheduling service through Genesis connect doesn't work. The dealer never receives the information about the appointment, so you're waiting for hours to get seen. 4. They lie about the valet service that you get as a genesis owner. The truth is it's the dealer's choice if they offer the service as well as a loner. 5. Service department didn't put my lower bumper screws and underbody soundproofing on correctly, and now I can't even drive over a speed bump anymore without dragging the underbody. I returned to the dealer and informed them of what is going on. They said they replaced it, and when I drove off the lot, I pulled over and saw they did nothing to fix the issue they caused. 6. Calling and trying to voice a complaint through genesis connect is worthless because they are a third party and say they have no way to deliver my concerns to Genesis. 7. Updated March 2021 I noticed that the rear of my genesis G 90 was sagging, and there was no wait in the truck. I went to Genesis of Downtown Birmingham, Alabama, known as Jim Burke Hyundai/Genesis, and spoke with Rusty Pickle. After troubleshooting, they decided to keep my vehicle for about a month to determine what is causing the car to sit so low. They brought in a technician from the plant, and they decided they may need to replace my suspension if they could not get it fixed. After a month, I received a call from Rusty stating my car was ready. However, when I arrived, I pointed out that the vehicle was not fixed. Rusty assured me that it was good when they brought it out, so the next step was to replace the suspension. I had to go to Texas for a quick trip and told him I would bring it back so they can order the parts and correct the issue. Rusty inside the vehicle was still safe to drive back to Texas and was trying to get me to have it done in Texas. I explained that I would only be there for two days, plus they (Jim Burke Genesis/Genesis of Downtown Birmingham knew what was going on with the vehicle since they had it for a month. Rusty said when I return, give them a call so they can schedule the repair. Once I returned, I did precisely that; unfortunately, Rusty did not answer his phone. I left messages with various people at the dealership and have yet to receive a call. I discovered from a salesperson that the dealership doesn’t want to do warranty repairs because they don’t make any money off of it, so they would instead pass it off to someone else. This is what I believe Jim Burke and Genesis of downtown Birmingham Alabama has done to me. 8. Update as of 8/3/2021, after getting a service for my 30,000-mile maintenance at Genesis of Hoover, I drove off the lot, and when I reach speeds at about 65 to 70 mph, a horrible rattling noise was coming from the driver side. I pulled over on the highway because I thought they left the hood open. However, the hood was closed, and I couldn’t locate where the noise was coming from—as I continue to drive, the noise got louder. I would have gone back to the dealer, but they closed on me. I turned up my radio to try and cancel out the noise, but it didn’t work. The sound is coming from the driver's side. I went to the Genesis forum, and many other customers are having the same issues, and no one has gotten a real fix for the problem. I stopped at Genesis of Auburn to have the issue addressed, and a salesman told me that he heard of one car that had the problem. They brought in tech from the Genesis plant but admitted. It took them serval attempts to correct the problem. Genesis knows they have issues with the vehicle but acts like there are no issues. I can respect, and Company gives customers the option to get feedback regarding issues with their car and what they like about it.