Skip to main content

$36,000

Save as much as $1,449
Select your trim:

Pros
Cons
1 out of 5 stars

You’re buying a very expensive Hyundai

Genesis in FL, 01/26/2021
updated 08/02/2021
2021 Genesis G70 3.3T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I am breaking this review down in two parts; car and dealership experience. The car is great, appears solid and competes with Lexus, BMW, Audi, etc. biggest complaint is the Infotainment system is directly from an everyday Hyundai. Not a bad thing in a 20k car, but not a great thing in a 50k car. Genesis is trying super hard to be a stand alone brand like Lexus is to Toyota. They’ll never achieve that while selling and servicing through Hyundai dealers. Worst buying experiences of my life which has left a really bad taste in my mouth for what otherwise should be a great car. Buying a premium brand and premium car should come with a premium dealership experience. Look elsewhere if you want all three. Update: I traded in as couldn’t handle Genesis Consumer Affairs…the dealers totally wear the pants. I’ve tried working with 5 different Hyundai dealers. You want to make an appointment or get a call back, suggest you just drop in and do in person. Don’t let the selling dealer sell you on loaner cars either. Those are like finding gold in a silver mine. Nice car, but you’re taking a complete gamble should you need manufacturer support, warranty work or service.

5 out of 5 stars

Love the car; customer experience, not so much

Marc , 08/14/2021
2021 Genesis G70 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I’ve had my 2021 G70 for a month now and I love the way it drives, looks, feels, and sounds. This is a Prestige with every bell and whistle available. The interior is amazing: I just sink in and enjoy the drive, even if it’s just to the store and back. But getting this car in my garage was a torturous process of awful local dealership experiences that evoked third-rate used car lots rather than a luxury brand (I ended up traveling 200 miles away to get this car). I went in for my first service today (locally) and the experience was just as bad. Genesis/Hyundai: train your people! You will never be a competitive luxury brand when every customer experience is a joke. Up your game. Don’t make me regret that I bought this car. The 5 stars is for the car ONLY. Customer experience is 1-star.

My 2021 G70 2.0T AWD Experience

Gene, 07/19/2021
2021 Genesis G70 2.0T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had my G70 for about 1200 KMs (approximately 1000 miles) - 3 weeks. Here are the highlights the car feels solid and taut, handles very well and although you feel every imperfection in the road it is never harsh. The interior is a study for both functionality and design. There are so many features and design details. Everything is driver oriented, accessible and the materials are excellent. The technology is excellent, works well and can be easily turned on/off with physical buttons (thank you Genesis!). The overall luxury sports sedan experience is excellent and you combine that with a price that is more than competitive with the likes of Mercedes C-Class, Audi A4 and BMW 3 series, Lexus IS, etc. and you can see why this vehicle makes so much sense. Any cons? Of course no vehicle is perfect so here are mine. As you probably know by now this vehicle is small, therefore if you regularly shuttle more than 1 person around I would make sure you are ok with the tight dimensions (same with the trunk space). Also fuel economy is not great if you do mostly city driving like I do (I average about 20 mpg in the city with the AWD model). On a long distance highway trip a few weeks ago I got 36 MPG after a two hour drive. Finally I noticed a small rattle coming from the touchscreen display on hot days which I confirmed creaks when touched - this should be improved. I strongly recommend you check out the G70!

Build Your 2023 Genesis G70
At a Glance:
  • 12 Colors
  • 2 Trims
  • 3 Packages
  • $39,150starting MSRP
BUILD & PRICEGenesis.com
*Optional features shown. MSRP excludes tax, title, license and destination charges. Destination charges may vary. Dealer sets actual price. Vehicle displayed may contain optional equipment at additional cost.

2 out of 5 stars

Vehicle itself is Beyond Expectations until 25000

Mansoor A, 03/01/2022
updated 11/07/2022
2021 Genesis G70 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Flawless vehicle. Unbelievable ride and quality finish. Don’t buy this car based on its price. It’s barely $3500 less than similarly equipped Audi A4. Absolutely no complaints. It exceeds my expectations of what a sport sedan should be in every way. The only downside is that you will be buying this car from a Hyundai dealership. So, expect the salesman to treat you as if you are buying a $15,000 accent with poor credit. If you can get over that, then you’ll be very satisfied with the car itself. 8/2022 Update: Again, great car, but the service department at Hyundai refuses to look into a problem with alignment. I had them fix it twice and paid for it, but the alignment was still the same. They told me on the third try that I should replace The tires before they try again. Instead, I went to a private mechanic in Roswell Georgia called five brothers, and they fixed the alignment to perfection in about half an hour. Until Genesis gets its own dealerships and service departments, I do not recommend buying this car. 11/4/22 Update: Engine misfiring at 25,000 miles - the engine started shaking at idle and power would get cut off to the engine. By 27,000 miles, this became a common occurrence. Yes, the car is still under warranty but you need the time to take it to the dealership and then hope that they will actually fix the problem. I lost faith that a car this new could have engine problems. I traded it in for a 22 Camry V6. After owning between 12 to 15 different cars, this is the first time I have ever had an engine failure, let alone at such low mileage.

1 out of 5 stars

NOT for a senior

pvk, 01/19/2022
2021 Genesis G70 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

i found the seat to be too low for my age and taste. SO i gave up on trying the car.