2021 Genesis G70 Sedan Consumer Reviews

$36,000

Save as much as $2,614
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

You’re buying a very expensive Hyundai

Genesis in FL, 01/26/2021
3.3T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I am breaking this review down in two parts; car and dealership experience. The car is great, appears solid and competes with Lexus, BMW, Audi, etc. biggest complaint is the Infotainment system is directly from an everyday Hyundai. Not a bad thing in a 20k car, but not a great thing in a 50k car. Genesis is trying super hard to be a stand alone brand like Lexus is to Toyota. They’ll never achieve that while selling and servicing through Hyundai dealers. Worst buying experiences of my life which has left a really bad taste in my mouth for what otherwise should be a great car. Buying a premium brand and premium car should come with a premium dealership experience. Look elsewhere if you want all three. Update: I traded in as couldn’t handle Genesis Consumer Affairs…the dealers totally wear the pants. I’ve tried working with 5 different Hyundai dealers. You want to make an appointment or get a call back, suggest you just drop in and do in person. Don’t let the selling dealer sell you on loaner cars either. Those are like finding gold in a silver mine. Nice car, but you’re taking a complete gamble should you need manufacturer support, warranty work or service.

First new car I have ever bought

Anthony, 06/27/2021
2.0T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is the first brand new car I have ever bought and it was money well spent. I got the red exterior with brown leather interior G70 Elite. Absolutely gorgeous car and pretty quick really. Not necessarily quick off the line because it doesn't hit its power band until the turno spools up but once it does she gets up and goes. Overall awesome car and very glad I bought it.

My 2021 G70 2.0T AWD Experience

Gene, 07/19/2021
2.0T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've had my G70 for about 1200 KMs (approximately 1000 miles) - 3 weeks. Here are the highlights the car feels solid and taut, handles very well and although you feel every imperfection in the road it is never harsh. The interior is a study for both functionality and design. There are so many features and design details. Everything is driver oriented, accessible and the materials are excellent. The technology is excellent, works well and can be easily turned on/off with physical buttons (thank you Genesis!). The overall luxury sports sedan experience is excellent and you combine that with a price that is more than competitive with the likes of Mercedes C-Class, Audi A4 and BMW 3 series, Lexus IS, etc. and you can see why this vehicle makes so much sense. Any cons? Of course no vehicle is perfect so here are mine. As you probably know by now this vehicle is small, therefore if you regularly shuttle more than 1 person around I would make sure you are ok with the tight dimensions (same with the trunk space). Also fuel economy is not great if you do mostly city driving like I do (I average about 20 mpg in the city with the AWD model). On a long distance highway trip a few weeks ago I got 36 MPG after a two hour drive. Finally I noticed a small rattle coming from the touchscreen display on hot days which I confirmed creaks when touched - this should be improved. I strongly recommend you check out the G70!

Ad