Used 2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By T Justice

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car! Very classy looking. Great style inside and out. Great performance. Love the Platinum White Metallic paint with the Charcoal Grey interior. This can really get up and go when you need it to and I love the fast response with great handling. Everyone that rides in it always says how impressed they are with the smooth ride and not a lot of road noise. This car is beautiful inside and out and very roomy. I'm not a small person and I am very comfortable. The back seat is also very roomy with plenty of leg and hip room and the sound system is great with music filling the entire interior of the car with 8 speakers throughout. Comfortable for driver and passengers, large trunk space, high tech safety equipment, assembled in U.S.A., 6 cylinder, PERFECT! Love, love, love this car!!

expensive repair
By Bob Brunkel

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The water pump replacement cost is $2,000.00. This is ridiculous.

Taurus Size is Great, but Engine not so good
By Ray

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2013 Taurus used in October of 2013 with 52,000 miles on it. I really like the size, comfort and ride quality. Also, the AWD is a feature that works great in the snow. I have had a few engine issues with this car. The big expense was the water pump I had to replace at 150,000. Water pump replacement is a very expensive repair as the pump is inside the engine which requires special tools, engine removal, disassembly and all gaskets are replaced. This is a $2,000 idea to replace a water pump! This is a bad design. To make matters even worse, I had issues with the gaskets leaking. I brought it back under warranty to the dealer to repair, but they die in the engine oil validate leaking instead of fixing it. Then I didn't return before the warranty expired, so they didn't honor the warranty. The dealer was Larson Ford, Inc. 1150 Ocean Ave. (Route 88), Lakewood, NJ 08701. I had to pay $1,000 to replace the gaskets. Needless to say, I would return to the Ford dealer, but I have noticed that he ford service is not so great in the areas in Centereach NJ. Overall I really like the Taurus, I just had some bad luck with this one and the dealer support for Ford is weak. They should take more ownership in build quality and the training of the service managers and techs.

Only 4 years old and huge repair bill :(
By Sad Taurus owner

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My car is 4 years old and has 102000 miles...i've never had any problems. All of a sudden, the heater stopped working and it was leaking coolant...come to find out it is the water pump...my mechanic, whom i 100% trust, tells me it is a problem only the dealership can fix...from my research online, it was going to be a very expensive repair bill...the car is not paid for, but i traded anyway...i can't see putting over $1,000 to fix the car when it is only 4 years old...what other expensive problems will i have in the future? i am very disappointed in ford...this is my 5th ford, but the problem is enough for me to not every buy a ford again.

Great car, Buuut
By John Sena

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. It is fast, comfortable and has great bells and whistles. Any person I tell I got a Taurus they say really? Then they sit in it and see the features they cannot believe they did not get one. Had a friend who went out and got one (well the SHO version) after they were in mine. Having said all of that there are some issues. Water pump at 65000 miles went, no problem right, not so fast $1,600.00 because you have to lift the engine or some nonsense like that. I see other reviews of same issue and for even more money to fix. Recently 95k known fuel pump problem pops up. So two time in last 30k miles that tow truck has to come get me. Lousy warranty 3 year or 36k. Did I mention SYNC? I have a love hate with my infotainment system. On the positive it is easy to use and does everything one could want. (except no dial to change stations this is dumb) When it works it is better than any system I have used (Mercedes, Honda, Range Rover etc). I mentioned the when it works part? Sometimes it just doesn't. Freezes, reboots won't connect blue tooth, etc. Cannot say this is constantly occurring, but certainly enough to notice and be annoying. All that aside, I hate myself for saying I would get another one. I should be smart and get the Accord or Camry, but I drive a lot and I enjoy the comfort and ride.