Used 1990 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

$837 - $1,777

Used Ranger for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

The best truck ever

Miller, 03/18/2010
XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought a 1990 ranger ex-cab in 2005 it had 80,000 original miles on it then. I drove that truck in every terrain think able. And it never quit. It was a real nice rig for the price. I bought it for 2500 and sold it in 2009 for 1900 cash. I over 1000,000 miles on it and it only had a few minor hick-ups. Sold it b/c my family out grew it. But I wish I still had it. Best truck ever

love it!

titor, 09/22/2011
XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love my little truck!!! 1990 ford Ranger Xlt 2wd. 5 speed. This truck i have fallen in love with. has been well taken care of, i bought the truck 2 years ago. truck now has 200,000+miles and is still strong! i really love the style and everything about it. Great Gas Saver! (2.3L) Power Steering, rear anti-lock brakes, and my favorite...Sunroof!!! really like it and i will keep this truck forever! never been in accident. Love it! Great! Reliable! Gotten my baby over 90mph! great for a lil 2.3L Strong! Comfortable! Fun To Drive! only needed regular maintenece on it :)

1990 Ford ranger 2wd ext cab

Lucas, 07/31/2009
2dr Extended Cab SB

Great truck. 225,000 miles and only normal wear and tear repairs needed (brakes, oil changes, tires, tune ups and the like).

Great little truck

Josh, 05/15/2008
XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have onwned my Ranger for over a year now after purchasing from the original owner who kept detailed records and never had a major problem. I did put a motor in after an oil pump failure at 180K, I believe due to the limited mileage and it was being driven and waiting 5K miles between oil changes. I also replaced the original clutch at this time. Still gets at least 22 mpg with mosty city driving, but I could improve on that easily. Lacks power (2.3) but will haul small loads and is a joy to drive.

Been a good truck

Mike R, 05/11/2002
XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had the truck for 9 yrs - bought it used in '93. Have 150K miles. I've replaced RABS valve, fuel reg, P/S pump, water pump. A/C has leaked down, probably compressor seal. Overall, I like the truck. The engine is strong, and the truck does well off-road, although I did replace the auto-locking hubs with Warn manual hubs.