Used 2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good looking daily driver
By Ravi

2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the car new in Dec 2012 and have been very happy with the purchase. Currently have about 80k miles and has been reliable as a daily driver. The front seats are great but rear seats dont have much space. I have from time to time driven 4 adults without an issue (probably not great for long drives though). The cost of maintenance has been low, primarily dealer oil changes. I have found dealer oil prices to be the same or cheaper than other shops. I replaced the engine and cabin air filters with the washable K&N filters which have been good with performance and costs. The original brakes have been going strong and the original tires lasted 75k miles and original battery lasted 5.5 years. The only major issue I had was the water pump failing at around 45k miles which was replaced under warranty. I believe there was a design flaw and the replacement addresses the flaw. I average around 29mpg on the highway and it's great the v6 takes regular 87 octane gas. I previously has a 99 BMW 3 series which had high repair and reliability issues. This is my first Ford and very satisfied with the Mustang.

74,000 miles and I still love driving this car
By Pops

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My very 1st car was a 1968 Shelby GT 500 convertible. I sold it when I should have stored it (I know, just one of the biggest mistakes Iv'e ever made...). So I got this 2013 as kind of a mid-life crisis/nostalgic gift to myself. Tried to set it up to look kind of like my old Shelby with the side scoops and rocker panel stripes. But my Shelby was an automatic; I went with the 6-speed manual on the mustang. First the looks: My Deep Impact Blue Mustang gets almost daily compliments from people. Performance: This V6 may be quicker off the line than the 428 V8 that was in the Shelby. Really, this thing is quick. I don't race it, really, but I've gone up against sports cars many times more expensive than mine, and IF they beat me, it's not by much. I live in Colorado and the mountain driving is just plain fun. I can generally get close to 30 mpg on highway if I don't drive too "spiritedly". Traction control REALLY helps on snowy roads. My only mod so far, and it may end up being the only mod I make, is a clutch pedal extender. Ergonomics are not great if you're shorter than 5'9".

2013 v6 mustang
By PHILIP

2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

you should get ford sync because you cannot get it added later

nothing like my RTPONY
By Realtor-Russ.com

YOU'LL GET AN ADDICTION TO BEING ON THE ROAD

Canyon carver
By Otto Wyse

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I special ordered this car with the Trac Pack, Recaro leather seats, side scoops, and rear quarter window louvers in Sterling Metallic Gray. The car looks brand new this day. I was unsatisfied with the suspension so replaced the springs, struts, shocks, and sway bars with Eibach parts. Added a Whiteline Watts link to the rear end in order to keep the differential centered and improve road handling. The car has Magna flow performance mufflers and exhaust tubing has been changed to 3” diameter. K&N air filter with cold air intake and Bama Tune complete mods to this date. I don’t know the hp rating, but floor the throttle in second gear at any speed or rpm, with traction control on, and the rear end wants to come around ad tires spin for at least four car lengths. Acceleration is brisk in 5th gear! I love it. Caution is advisable when passing as 70-130 happens very quickly in 4th gear. Rev limit occurs at 7500rpm, enabling 60+ in second. Road hold greatly improved, playing tag with motorcycles on Mulholland drive is fun. Gas mileage sucks if not prudent with go fast pedal, but giggles and grins rise exponentially!