Used 2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

74,000 miles and I still love driving this car
By Pops

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My very 1st car was a 1968 Shelby GT 500 convertible. I sold it when I should have stored it (I know, just one of the biggest mistakes Iv'e ever made...). So I got this 2013 as kind of a mid-life crisis/nostalgic gift to myself. Tried to set it up to look kind of like my old Shelby with the side scoops and rocker panel stripes. But my Shelby was an automatic; I went with the 6-speed manual on the mustang. First the looks: My Deep Impact Blue Mustang gets almost daily compliments from people. Performance: This V6 may be quicker off the line than the 428 V8 that was in the Shelby. Really, this thing is quick. I don't race it, really, but I've gone up against sports cars many times more expensive than mine, and IF they beat me, it's not by much. I live in Colorado and the mountain driving is just plain fun. I can generally get close to 30 mpg on highway if I don't drive too "spiritedly". Traction control REALLY helps on snowy roads. My only mod so far, and it may end up being the only mod I make, is a clutch pedal extender. Ergonomics are not great if you're shorter than 5'9".

2013 v6 mustang
By PHILIP

2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

you should get ford sync because you cannot get it added later

nothing like my RTPONY
By Realtor-Russ.com

2013 Ford Mustang V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

YOU'LL GET AN ADDICTION TO BEING ON THE ROAD

Canyon carver
By Otto Wyse

2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

I special ordered this car with the Trac Pack, Recaro leather seats, side scoops, and rear quarter window louvers in Sterling Metallic Gray. The car looks brand new this day. I was unsatisfied with the suspension so replaced the springs, struts, shocks, and sway bars with Eibach parts. Added a Whiteline Watts link to the rear end in order to keep the differential centered and improve road handling. The car has Magna flow performance mufflers and exhaust tubing has been changed to 3” diameter. K&N air filter with cold air intake and Bama Tune complete mods to this date. I don’t know the hp rating, but floor the throttle in second gear at any speed or rpm, with traction control on, and the rear end wants to come around ad tires spin for at least four car lengths. Acceleration is brisk in 5th gear! I love it. Caution is advisable when passing as 70-130 happens very quickly in 4th gear. Rev limit occurs at 7500rpm, enabling 60+ in second. Road hold greatly improved, playing tag with motorcycles on Mulholland drive is fun. Gas mileage sucks if not prudent with go fast pedal, but giggles and grins rise exponentially!

Fun Commutor
By Kory

2013 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Mustang used with 48,000 miles on it 4 years ago. I drive just under 100 miles a day back and forth to work and it now has over 120,000 miles on it. This car has been incredibly reliable and has had no major issues (at all). I have done the recommended maintenance since i have purchased it. The peppy V6 is fun to drive while still getting an average of 26-27 MPG (highway and around town). I have the premium model with the upgraded stereo, which is great. The only thing I don't care for is the Bluetooth system. Many times the system wont connect to my phone (I've had different phones with the same issue). Usually i have to turn the car off and restart it to get it connect. Also, when driving down the freeway at 70 MPH it is hard to hear someone while talking on the phone with the blue tooth system. Many time i need to put on my headphones. Also, the rear seats have just about zero room, but it is a mustang and you don't buy one of these for the back seat leg room. Other than that, It is a great car! I would recommend this car for anyone looking for something fun too drive.