Used 2007 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used Mustang for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

A girl and her pony by Marea

Marea, 08/23/2006
V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my pony! I ordered a Windveil blue convertible with parchment top and leather interior same color with comfort package (new for 2007). Also added an interior upgrade. I wanted to brighten up the inside as much as possible, not a big fan of black, but the black that is there looks great! Oh, Pony package of course. This car is awesome! She gets looks everywhere she goes. So much fun with the top down. My salesman said to order the boot that goes over the top when it's down. It helps keep it clean when the top is down for an extended period of time. It's also expensive to add the hardware for it to the car if you decide you want it later. If you have cats, invest in a car cover.

Old Man and the Mustang

Steve Ahrens, 11/27/2006
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As I am fast approaching my 60th birthday, it is nowhere near as fast as the 4.9 seconds it takes this Mustang GT to reach 60. Telling ya, I have been driving Ford trucks and SUV's for over thirty years and finally I bought a vehicle for the pure fun of driving it. When you crank it up the first thing you sense is a low rumbling growl generated from a 300HP OHC engine. By the time you put it into 4th gear you are going 70MPH at 2000 RPM. That's power. Add a little "Rolling Stones" on the Shaker 500 sound system and life takes on a whole new glow.

Best Bang for the Buck ever

john Aronhalt, 10/14/2015
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

My kids have gotten a little older, so I got my 4th Mustang after a 10 year break. I picked up a used black GT convertible for a VERY reasonable price, and couldn't be happier so far. You really can't beat all you can get out of this car for a VERY affordable price. I got mine for under 15K in perfect condition and under 60K miles. I get more positive comments while out and about than cars I have owned that cost 35K plus. Sure, this car has it's drawbacks such as a rough ride, no storage space, clunky shifting, etc. I am assuming people who want a refined car with good manners don't want a Mustang, this is a good old fashion V8 rear wheel drive muscle car. You buy it for fun, and it delivers! Edmunds asked me to update, so here it is. Two years later and I still love this car! I have logged about 25K miles bringing the total to about 75K. I have only had to replace the battery since, nothing else. This has been a fun reliable car that despite being 10 years old still draws attention and positive comments everywhere I go.

Manual transmission problems

Gary Dickinson, 11/04/2006
V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving the Mustang except for a whining noise from the manual transmission in 5th gear and pulling positive torque. No noise when not under acceleration or slowing down. This is my third Mustang and the previous '88 and '95 both with the 5 speed manual did not make any noise like this. The dealership mechanic and the owner of the dealership both drove the car and both acknowledge the noisy gear whine but Ford wants more info from them comparing the noise with another new 5 speed manual transmission in another car. This transmission was flawed right from the first mile and should have been immediately repaired or replaced. Needless to say I am very disappointed with Ford and their quality.

Wow!

redhead, 11/05/2006
V6 Premium 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great raw muscle car. Fast throaty acceleration. Easy to use controls. Drawbacks are the lumbar (or lack of) support and the slight interior noise from the mini window on the drivers side.

12345...10