Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

BADASS!
By Bill

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car has little over 150,000 miles on it and really drives out like new. This Mustang has minor exterior issues and I just recently put new shocks and struts, new plugs, new fuel filter, new door panels and looking good!

2006 Mustang GT
By Vicki

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Doesn’t disappoint

Great fun car
By Robert

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Very fun to drive. Overall very happy with the car. For the price. It’s worth owning

DREAM CAR
By Tom

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought mine 4/17 with 98K. Have been wanting a V6 5-sp, '05-'09 vintage for years. The engine is fine. Sounds good. Great mileage. Good power. I pride myself on smooth take-off and gear changes, but this is the orneriest transmission I've ever used! The difference between idle and 4000 rpm is about 1/8" on the gas pedal, so starting-out without either stalling or way over-revving takes a LOT of finesse. Gear changes are very difficult to master smoothly without lurching. The ride is very harsh with a lot of road noise, which I suppose goes with a quasi high-performance car. My '01 S-10 is quieter and smoother. All that said, it's a smokin' hot looking car, and still fun to drive. This was the first-off of the modern 'Stangs. Hopefully these problems have been ironed-out since.

Wild Stang
By GoStang Go

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2006 GT convertible used from a dealer. It was 11 years old with only 22,800 miles on it. I had to see it to believe it. It was so beautiful. Black with red leather interior. I purchased the vehicle on site after a test drive of course. This is my 4th mustang and my third convertible. I am addicted to the mustangs. This model does remind me of my 1969 Grande coupe I had. The lumbar support is a definite improvement for the lower back on this 2006 GT premium. This was a problem in my previous mustangs for longer trips over an hour or so. The pick up in acceleration is fantastic. I agree Ford should cut back on the plastics in the interior because it cheapens the vehicle. I have a shaker 1000 system and it sounds really good. The cd player is garbage. The first cd I placed in it got stuck. I get plenty of looks and compliments all the time on her. This is a good cruiser car and the family and I enjoy the ride tremendously. Top down rolling down the highway is so soothing and therapeutic. I had a 2002 convertible and 2004 convertible and using the convertible top is a breeze on these newer models than the previous models. The top seems to completely fall into place without effort and you just lock it down with the lighter handles. I would have been great to have power passenger seat. I believe the passenger seat is too low and should have a power package or at least a manual lever to raise the seat or lower the seat and give lumbar support. The rear seats seem comfortable enough. For a convertible, it is roomier than the Mercedes, jaguar and camaro. The camaro does not compare. If you really look around, you can see more variations of mustangs by mustang owners than camaros. If you have a mustang, you can almost totally redesign the mustang to your personal needs with all the parts and accessories the market have available for mustangs. These have been very reliable. The previous fox body styles, 1999 - 2004 did have this seal leak between the transmission and engine that was annoying after about 90,000 miles and it was not a cheap fix. I am praying these new mach 1 body styles do not such flaws. I have noticed though, the a/c in my older models got colder quicker was much colder. I saw a comment to the opposite so I am not sure why this is. I have had an 02 and 04 and you could freeze to death in there with the a/c on max. I did notice after running on the highway for a while, the car would stall if I got off the exit, stopped and then tried to take off again. I am not sure why this model does that. Over all, good price for a fun and reliable vehicle.