Used 2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 492 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

One Bad Pony
By Eduardo

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

What can i said i'm a Ford lover. This is my Mustang #5 and all I got to say that is a beast on the road. Awesome performance, body design, nice retro dashboard. Bottom line Ford did it again, great work! My only suggestion is the suspension should be dropped at least 1.5 inches. Car needs to be able to handle better in curves.

HP, body style, dashboard, TCS, awesome punch when driving a bit fast.

Lower suspenssion.

Sweet Ride
By sandtrap

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm 70 yrs old and this is the car I have been waiting for. So much fun to drive, Mine is dark candy apple red with parchment top. Always good comments. Boy, could I have gotten into a lot trouble if I had something like this in school.

Where do I start? Great looks inside and out, Shaker 500 system, top down.

Put the speedometer in the middle of the dash. The way it is now my hand and arm block it out.

Fun While It Lasted
By drmithra

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I loved the looks and had to have one. No sunroof offered, no climate control available, no factory nav, no MP3 dock, I didn't care. Ripping to redline had it's own reward. Two years later a third child, a rattling dash and $3 gas made me realize this isn't a car for a long term relationship. To get 300hp for so little money corners must be cut. I still love the car on weekends, but commuting realities mean I'm trading it in. Goodbye, we'll always have Paris.

V-8 grunt w/a five speed manual tranny, bang for the buck

Less rattle from the under the dash

2005 Mustang GT premium
By Jonathan

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If Ford makes all future Mustangs live up to this one, you will always find me in the driver's seat of one. I fell in love with this design when I saw it unveiled in numerous magazines and auto shows. From an interior that leaves you feeling swaddled in comfort to the retro gauges that seem to smile when you take a seat and a beautiful body design, this car catches the very elements that an American muscle car should have; attitude and appeal. The car is affordable and the performance is great. Space could be better, but works for a muscle car. Gas mileage is good considering V8 power and curb weight. Overall, kudos to FMC. This car has punched its ticket in the automotive hall of fame.

Interior/exterior design, performance, stereo, my-color gauges.

Better fuel economy and/or lighter body, wider mouth on trunk for cargo, better rear leg-room, leather seats should be all leather.

I'm never buying a Ford again
By crc0069

2005 Ford Mustang Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

All that I have had is problems with this car and every time time I take it to the dealer, they don't want to work on it. Items that have had problems: Gas gauge which is failing again 1 year later, Transmission does not shift at the 3rd shift point unless you let up on the gas and push it down again, Windshield washer bottle 2 times, trunk switch, strip was replaced, the front-end could be aligned and need a shime about $140, the steering wheel has always had a shimmy (guessing that the rotor are warped). Water pump went and they did not even want to look at it until I ask what I would need to do when it blow up on the way home. Unsafe to drive.

The look of the car. And by the way I ran out of space above in my review. There is more.

Ford's warranty means nothing. If your going to give a warranty, please fix something and don't try to void my warranty every time I show up. Even the Ford 800 number didn't care! What's up with that????