Used 2002 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used Mustang for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Beastly, Rock Solid, and Efficient

blackmetalwolf, 06/04/2013
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had experience driving all sorts of vehicles, and I can say without a doubt that my 2002 Ford Mustang GT is among the best of the best in almost all categories. For starters, it's a Mustang, an American icon. Now take that image, add 260 stock horsepower and you've got a beast of a car. Not only is it powerful, it gets surprisingly great mileage; mine is getting roughly 26 mpg highway. The thing is also built like a tank; I haven't had any mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. The only issues are low seating capacity and cargo room, but hey, you don't get a Mustang in place of an SUV, do you?

Fun, Fun, Fun

Cindy, 02/05/2010
Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5M)

Love my convertible. Fun to drive and enjoy the power. If you have more than one child, makes for a challenge if they want to take friends somewhere. Not much trunk space. Looks good and sounds even better. Didn't buy the car for fuel efficiency, so gas mileage is not an issue for me. Multiple CD changer and sound system add to it's appeal. Convertible top easy to operate.

I trust over any new car.

mommame, 11/19/2013
Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had a new car and had so many problems. Hard to work and picture it being a throw away car like some. I decided to go backwards to a 2002 V6 that reminds me more of the days a person could work on a car..HAHAHA There are some people who have these cars and they are over 200,000 miles. When you buy something at this age remember it may need a couple things. Don't gripe about it. Do your homework. Some people beat the Hell out of them. I happen to get mine from an older man in his 60's who took care of it.

Old guy with used Mustang

miamimykle, 11/11/2009
GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my self a midlife crisis treat, a 2002 Mustang GT convertible with a five speed manual tranny and all the bells and whistles available in 2002. I was sitting in the Corvette I was going to buy when it caught my eye. There isn't a mark on it inside or out and is, if I may use the term a freakin' rocket. The sound system is incredible! Yes, old guys still rock.....best thing I ever did for myself...if you don't have one, get one!

My Blue Pony

Jenstang, 12/15/2002
Premium 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am 23 and within reason, this is definitely my DREAM car!! I love the fact that I see all kinds of different people driving around in a Mustang-- frat boys, hot college chicks, moms, dads, even the occasional "Senior." This car is fun, fast and definitely an attention getter. I considered the GT, but decided the V6 was plenty of power and was told by a few other people that the little extra power you get is not worth the BIG insurance increase and frequent stops at the gas station. If you like to live life with the top down, this car will make you happy every day.

12345...12