2020 Ford Fusion Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews

$28,000

Save as much as $1,843
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Impressive great car!

Efficient Eric, 04/21/2021
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2013 Fusion Hybrid with about 135k miles for this since I was impressed with the high reliability and dependability of my trade in. I've had this for a year now and have reached 58 mpg in eco mode over a 30 mile commute, get 48-55 on regular 27 mile commutes (hwy in the morning and then some city in the afternoon). When my wife drives, she gets about 42-44 as an inefficient and incognizant (to efficiency) driver. We got this for $15k even and it has everything except leather seating. The Copilot 360 is awesome! Beeps at you and vibrates the steering wheel if you're drifting into another lane (without using your signal), it paces your cruise control to the driver in front of you if your speed exceeded theirs, if you do start drifting to another lane it corrects it for you and gets you back into your lane, has auto braking and audible/visual warning if you're coming up too fast on a slower moving vehicle or a vehicle pulls out in front of you too quickly- low toned beeping noise with a Knight Rider style red LED bar infront of you that flashes. It has back up sensors with cross traffic, back up camera, the large touchscreen with easy interface, classy turn dial shifter, push start/remote start, sunroof, all way power seating in both driver and passenger seats, oil degradation warning and tpms sensors. If I wanted a titanium trim (sound system is great as is) all I'd have to do is spend about another $1500 for leather upholstery and that'd put me at $16,500 for the car. There's nothing about this car I don't like! The LED bar on the headlights look sleek and I changed out the halogen bulbs with LED's which make the projection much sharper and effective. Ford did make it much easier to change the headlight bulbs as the angled the entry angled up as opposed to straight back where the frame was in previous models (previous models you'd have to take some front end equipment off just to pull the headlight assembly out enough to get your hand in there which took at least an hour). It's a shame they're discontinuing this outstanding car as I'd buy the new model after this one gets so old. I've driven a Cadillac ATS, BMW 3 series, Sonata, 300, Altima and Focus and this car is the best overall. Highly recommended and best reason NOT to spend more money on a warranty.

Good fuel economy, but I would not buy one

Shane, 09/20/2020
Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We rented the Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid to travel 800 km each way. The car is good with mileage (averaged 6.8 L/100 km) on the Canadian prairies. Very good for a mid-sized sedan. Luggage space is good. Car is a little twitchy around big trucks and in the wind. This took some getting used to. Two items that would cause me not to buy this car: 1) windshield wipers. Design is terrible and annoying and 2) water during a rain storm is filtered directly down the middle of the rear window which obscures your vision in the rear-view mirror. This is horribly designed!! The last factor that would cause me not to buy this vehicle Ewald that the USB port chargers quit working. Luckily there was a fix when I googled the issue. Easy fix - hard reset of the entertainment system. Unfortunately, this causes you to lose all your presets. Not a big deal to us as we were renting, but would be a big PITA if this was an owned vehicle - having to replace-program all the information in the audio & nav system.

Good deal, great car.

Paul, 04/28/2021
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

So far . . . love this car. Why Ford decided to drop it . . .well, I guess they make more money on the F-150. Delighted to grab one of the last new 2020s.