2017 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Same problems
By Tim

2017 Ford Focus SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a se model with a 4 cylinder 6 speed transmission the dry clutch is hirable shutters from stop to go acceleration is slow when this happens and the rpms rev all the way up and doesn't come back down immediately

So far no problems
By Robert V

2017 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

So far the car has worked very well. Dont buy this car if you need the back seat. Its very tight. I drive 100 miles a day on interstate and my Gas mileage is 39.5. I have 27000 miles on it and no warranty issues. The car handles very good. Good comfort and quiet inside. The cell phone intagration is great. For older folks getting out is a little hard because it sits very low to the ground. All in all I have been very satified so far with this car.

Don’t buy a Focus please the worst car
By John G. Jenkins

2017 Ford Focus SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

Horrible experience this car is a piece of crap we have problems since we bought it. We bought it from the Dealer brand new. Problems with the transmission take it all the time and they always say nothing is wrong. Now they are suing Ford Motor Company because a lot of people having same issue but now you suppose have 100 miles warranty but so what, if you take in and they always said is nothing wrong with the car.

New and true
By Rick

2017 Ford Focus SEL 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Great little car for the money. I currently have 7000 miles on my ruby red SEL hatchback and I am very happy so far . Driving to my daughters in Virginia from New Jersey I have gotten between 43 and 47 miles per gallon . The computer is usually one and a half to 2 miles per gallon too much I use the odometer. I previously had a suburban this was a big change and I was surprised how good the ride and comfort were on the highway , I don't drive the car fast I am very conservative with it . I have also driven stick shifts for years and the shifting of this transmission does not bother me at all. I give it time to shift and have no problems for me it's a great little car !

Great little car.
By David

2017 Ford Focus SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan (1.0L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

Ford has come a long way with this little car. This is my second Focus, and I can honestly say I cant complain about it at all. I'm middle aged so I don't need all the extra power, bells, and whistles. The fuel economy is excellent. Most of my driving is highway, and I average about 40.5 mpg. , less for city driving. The ride is comfortable especially for trips less than three hours. The car handles very well, and is quite nimble when getting into parking spaces. The 1.0 liter is adequate for my needs, but it lacks the power of my previous Focus which had the 2.0 . (By the way, the 2.0 also got great mileage). I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a low cost, reliable sedan.