Used 2013 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons

Transmission Problem Fixed!

Brian, 10/15/2015
Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

We own a 2013 Focus SE & Focus Titanium - both have had the transmission problems as many have experienced. A few weeks ago my dealer informed me of the TCM recall for both - had them both done and car shifts and drives 110% better - I can squeal the tires on take off (huge improvement from the sluggish, hesitant shifting between 1st & 2nd gear).

The Focus SFE is a Fuel Sipper

cadrvr4, 10/25/2012
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased a 2013 Ford Focus SFE in September 2012 and have driven it 1,200 miles so far. No problems at all. This model is a Focus with SE trim to which the optional SFE (Super Fuel Economy) package is added. For 2012 the SFE package cost $495. For 2013 the SFE package adds only $95 to the cost of the vehicle making the additional fuel savings over the SE a no-brainer. We recently got 42 MPG on 70-mile highway trip. 32-33 MPG is typical for our combined driving. The dual clutch transmission (DCT) drives like an automatic transmission but is actually a fuel-saving automated manual transmission. Great materials, inside and out: best in class. LLR tires by Continental handle very well.

Steer clear of new automatic transmission focus's.

Mr. Willoughby, 10/16/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Dont buy one with an automatic trans. They are very unreliable. Dual clutched, paper weights is about all they're worth. May as well put a lemon badge on the front grille. I bought my 2013 SE flexfuel sedan with 13 miles on it. Ive got over 90k now, but ive been in the shop 5 times due to trans. My car is actually on its 3rd. transmission since new. Still getting the issues as the first 2 did. Guess i should've bought a foriegn car. Atleast they're a lot more reliable. Thank you FORD for ruining 1/3 of american automotive reliability. The worst part is that most car lots wont even give a fair trade in on these automatics because they are aware of focus' transmission problems... ughh! **UPDATE....** mileage 99K -Now my stereo, horn and rear backup sensors dont work. Tried to get it fixed, but was told it "MIGHT" be wiring harness issue and it would cost about $2,000 out of my pocket.

Love My Focus

jharlan68, 12/22/2012
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read a lot of reviews about the 2012 Focus before deciding to buy the 2013. The transmission does shift different than your normal automatic, but it doesn't bother me since I drive a commercial truck with a standard for a living. I love the style, the features and especially the gas mileage of my Focus, especially since I came out of a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've only had it for a week, but I've been around cars long enough to know what works well and what doesn't, and I must say that the Ford Focus doesn't just work well, it excels.

Stay Away. Loaded with features, poor execution

E Man, 11/28/2016
Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The "automatic" transmission gives a terrible feeling of no confidence, makes the car hard to drive and requires updates and warranty appointments. We've had many excuses on fixing the issue including that our new transmission parts were given away to others, and then told we did not qualify for the warranty transmission repair. Even when fixed, driving this car is erratic and just not good. Other poor quality items likes interior water leaks and getting stuck from push button start make this a car to avoid. Pick any Honda, Toyota, Mazda and avoid these poor quality issues. We bought the car thinking it would be a great car for our kids, but it is not.

12345...16