Used 2012 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

Poor reliability and performance

samc, 12/22/2015
Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

2012 Focus spent $22K new, has 37,000 miles and the transmission needs to be rebuilt, Ford is covering the repair. Passenger window motor is gone and needs to be replaced. the Passenger front seat adjustment mechanism is broke. I would not by a Ford their reliability is terrible . Big mistake on my part.

Two thumbs down for ford!

David, 05/19/2016
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Been sent in for transmission issues 4 times since first purchased new in 2012. Everything from grinding slipping and rolling backwards no repairs every worked just told that's how it works , now at 56k miles the transmission quit completely! Radio repairs multiple times now it just flashes " indexing " car should have been recalled. Nobody in their right mind would own or purchase this unit.

2012 Ford Focus- don't buy.

Christie Andryc, 04/06/2016
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

My car has transmission problems. Every single time I start and stop the car shudders and hesitates. The car is unsafe to drive. Also the car's cruise control broke within 3 months of owning the car, it was fixed and then broke again a month later. And hasn't worked in 2 years. This car is junk. I have taken it to three different ford dealerships and they refused to fix the problem. They would tell me there was nothing wrong with the transmission it was the way I drive. Every time I took it in for the cruise control Ford would tell me that they were unable to fix the problem because the cruise was working that day, when it never worked for me. They refused to fix the problems and I finally ran out of a warranty and gave up. I don't have the money to pay to have this car fixed when I bought a brand new car I college to not have to worry about getting work done to a car. This has been the biggest disappointment and I just want them to be recalled. Ford owes it to all the customers that are currently stuck with this car and paying big money for a car that doesn't work. I don't not feel safe allowing my family in the car because it is too dangerous to drive. It stresses me out on a daily basis having to drive this car and never knowing when it's going to stop working. I have been having these problems since I bought the car in July of 2012.

Do NOT buy this car

Madison, 08/18/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Ford Focus in September of 2014. I got it Pre-Certified with only 16,000 miles on it. When I test drove it, it was a great ride, pretty quiet, and comfy. I noticed a little jerking when starting from a dead stop and I thought it was just because it was touchier than my old car. So I fell in love with it and purchased it. About 2 months later, the jerking was so bad that my passengers were complaining about it. I took it into McCafferty Ford where I purchased it and had it serviced. The mechanic told me this was a common problem so he "reprogrammed" the transmission and sent me on my way. A month or two later I took it back and the clutch needed to be replaced after putting about 2,000 miles on it. Now, I am going through the same issue for the SECOND TIME IN LESS THAN A YEAR. When I go back to the dealership Thursday, I am claiming lemon law and getting a different car. I also got hit by a tractor trailer when I was merging because the transmission stuck and wouldn't accelerate. It's dangerous. Seriously, don't waste your money.

HEADACHE!!!

Elizabeth, 10/04/2015
Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

I purchased this vehicle in May of 2015 the first month I had it it was great then started shifting hard. On Saturday September 26 I was drving on i44 through springfield and my car slammed itself in to park while I was going 70. I drove my car 3 hours to get it fixed due to my town refused to fix it. The car has a recall on the tcm. I got my car back on october 1 the car was in for 4 days and my check engine light just came on saying " transmission malfunction service now" I have the biggest headache with this vehicle right now I hwve to get the rpms up to 4 grand just for it to shift out of 1st gear. I am so sick of Ford dealerships saying "thats just how the Focus is made" "its going to do that for the life of the vehicle"...... Love the gas millage just not the headache

12345...32