Used 2012 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Worst car I've ever driven "fix or repair daily"
By Edward Fuit

2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Cars should last well over 100,000 miles, but not this one. radio went first, then transmission (the one thing Ford was willing to address). Power steering went out, $ 1200 + repair. Traction control was a joke had to turn it off when it rained. basically it would stay in low gear and buck a lot. not a dependable car. Junk yard ready at 6 years of age and under 80,000 miles. A cheap old beater car is better than this.

Love my Focus!
By Ann Davis

2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no problems with this car except for a transmission recall that was promptly fixed by the dealership. I have had it for 7 years.

Too many issues
By J

2012 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

The best part of having the SEL version was the entertainment system; the speakers were great, and I had a large touchscreen. The leather seats were a plus as well. The worst part is the issues I had to deal with. The shifting was horrible. Every time I accelerated, the car jumped several times. The motor also gave out on me at 80,000 miles. I had an extended full warranty, so I was able to fix those with it. The car had a few other issues (noises) that I didn’t have a chance to diagnose before selling the car because I was just tired of it.

Dont even think about it.
By Panos

2012 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Huge issues with the transmission. FORD will make the recalls but nothing further up. I had to replace my gearbox with a used one at only 78.000khm. Didnt ven made it for 100.000khm! STAY AWAY!

Major repairs
By Linda

2012 Ford Focus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Steering went out while driving down the road when the car was 3 years old...$2,000 to fix. Transmission goes out 2 years later for $2,800, Never missed oil change and well-maintained. Never buying a Ford again.