Used 2001 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 229 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Probably the last car I’ll own.
By Dave Walker

2001 Ford Focus Street 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought low mile 2001 ZTW wagon used, it’s pushing 130k. Been a great car. Fun to drive. Best seats ever and I’m 6’4”. Old, worn warhorse but I’m scared the sunroof won’t close if opened, my AC is gone and the fan only works high. Got my money’s worth out of it.

Lemon
By Kaitlyn Marie

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I paid $3500 for my 2001 Ford Focus with 60K on it. 2 years later, I've put $2900 into repaires alone @ 93K. My car might have very well just been a lemon, but I wouldn't ever buy a used ford again. Get a Honda or a Toyota. Do NOT waste your money! I love the look of my car. If I didn't have to constantly repair this car it would be great.

What a lemon!
By ANT

2001 Ford Focus ZTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the worst car I've ever owned. I bought the car used in February with 114k on it and little by little this car is starting to fall apart because a month after I bought it my A/C compressor went then after that my Pistons on my engine bent it left me stranded on the side of the road while I was on my way to work. And now I have a leak in my power steering fluid tank which was causing my car to smoke up so bad that people on the road next to me kept on starring thinking that my car was gonna just explode so they just kept on moving away. So basically I been at mechanics more then I've been on the road. This car was a very bad choice its like problem after problem. In the beginning I thought it was a nice looking car with low mileage I was wrong and now I'm just ready to junk it Lol. Too many problems for 123K

Great Car!!!
By Tyler Combs

2001 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car from a private sale in 2009. I have had it ever since. The only problem I ever had with the car was the fact that this particular model is known for its wheel bearings to go out very frequently. But once my mechanic changed brands of bearings it has worked great.

Keep America rolling 911 car
By Daryl

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This little One Owner yellow Focus was well loved from day one. I never lose it in a parking lot. It was purchased just after the attack on 911 to keep America rolling. It still runs great after 162,000 miles. It has had a few expected repair issues over the years. The biggest repair in 2014 the fuel pump was replaced. "Car blows a fuse and stalls when the fuel pump is going bad". 2016 Current known defects - A/C failed for the first time, passenger power window sticks unless you open the driver side door. Small one inch rust spot on the hood and truck edge. Minor oil leak. Otherwise I still love the car. The seats are comfortable. It is a little noisy but it is a small car.