2016 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Flex Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Flex model:

My future ride!
By Teresa Thomas

2016 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I know I know, it's not the coolest kid on the block but don't under estimate the Flex. It is a very nice ride. It handles like a dream and it is super comfortable! If you're not sure what you want definitely give the Flex a try.

Serious issues!
By Marie

2016 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have always loved Ford. We have owned an Expedition, 2 different F150, F250 and now the Brand new 2016 Flex. I will never again buy a Ford. I have been broken down 5 times in the first 6,000 miles. The car suddenly losses the ability to accelerate, very unsafe. First time it happened I tried restarting the car but it didn't help. I had ford roadside tow the car to the nearest dealer. I was told by that dealer they see it has a code, the throttle body was the problem. But when they test drove the next day it accelerated fine. Which ment they wouldn't be allowed to fix it by Ford motor company unless it continues to happen. I called the dealer we bought it from. They were very kind and said they would order the new throttle body and to keep driving the car. I was told it would be best for the warranty if it continues to happen. Well today my car broke down 4 times!! After the 3rd power loss I tried to have it towed to the dealer that already had a part on order. However I was told it had to go to the nearest Ford. I was so upset I hung up and decided to try to make it home to have my husband follow me to the dealer we were already working with. I was driving past the nearest ford on my way home. So I stopped and explained the problem and that I felt unsafe driving. I was told they couldn't take the car for repair if another dealer already ordered parts, they also said they were not able to help me get it to the other dealer maybe 20 min away. I was told to drive it on back roads and that it shouldn't keep happening. Well I tried but when it broke down during rush hour for the fourth time only a few miles down the road. I had the car towed to the dealer that had ordered the parts. No new car with 6,000 miles should break down 5 times! No car company should the car must to go to the nearest dealer and when it gets there refuse service. Parts are back ordered for weeks but I won't be driving that car. It is an accident waiting to happen. Shame on Ford!! It also has problems with the suspension, it will be getting looked at for that for a third time! They can hear the problem with the suspension but can't find it. I hate my flex. Worst car I have ever owned. Horrible service from manufacturer. We had isseus with past cars but Ford was always amazing and took care of any problems. Not sure what has happened to ford, but I won't be buying another ford. And I hope their lemon doesn't cause my family to get in an accident! Buyer be ware!!!

Best family car
By M F

2016 Ford Flex Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Flex, I traded in my 2009 for a 2016. It is the best family mover. My husband's Ford Explorer doesn't have nearly the space or flexibility as my Flex. I can haul 6 kids and all their stuff. The cargo area is deep so you have a lot more space than some other cars. It has great leg and head room, even in the third row. The third row sits up, like stadium seating, so it is less claustrophobic. My SEL has a 120V plug and well as many charger locations which is definitely needed. The sync system works very well. I looked at Toyota, Nissan, Honda, GMC, Buick, Hyundai but the Flex was definitely the best.