Skip to main content

Used Flex for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
3.88 out of 5 stars

Already Replaced Left Turbo

kjhgr01, 01/28/2011
2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to wait 3 months to get my Flex built. Steel Blue with Black Charcoal leather. So far so good. I would never think I would own a Ford. I owned many Honda & Acura and one Volvo. I always despite the Ford products because of safety issues. I never felt more safe in that box! The front brakes are kinda weird when humidity is high or wet. I average about 18 - 19 mpg with the A/C on, and about 20 - 21 mpg when A/C is off. At 22500 miles I had to replace the left turbo (leaked oil), an A/C line and a radiator shroud (technician broke it while trying to reassemble the turbo.) I have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since the 2nd oil change. Fortunately my Ford dealer is nice.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Ford Flex Brake issues

phillthedog, 07/16/2011
2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had our Flex for nearly two years once we hit 22k miles began having brake failures car has been in dealer 5 times they have replaced vacuum booster and check valves. When the car has been parked overnight or for a few hours the brake pedal is very hard the car will not stop. Ford says this is "normal" operating procedure and we have to warm the car up for five minutes before driving which is totally unacceptable. Dealer is as frustrated as we are Ford sent out an engineer who said he could not replicate the problem. We are truly disappointed with Ford.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Reliability issues and more

Robert, 09/26/2010
2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After purchasing what we thought was the perfect family vehicle for us, we have had numerous issues with no support from the dealership. After bringing the vehicle 6 times for font brake issues, we are finally made aware of a"service procedure(which is really a recall), but we are still waiting for the parts to arrive. We are now having transmission issue and are only being told by the dealer that is a "chip issue", but they are not willing to replace the chip. We also have issues with the rear folding seat not raising when activated and were told by the dealer to basically "live with it". Bottom line is that we are sad that Ford is not standing behind the product sold like other competitors

4.38 out of 5 stars

Great Family Hauler

jpete204, 02/13/2012
2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2010 Flex with ecoboost and have very few complaints about our vehicle thus far. It's pretty good on fuel (when you don't put your foot in it, which is almost never) it's an extremely comfortable and versatile car and did I mention it has ecoboost? I'm not a huge fan of the marketing speak Ford used to describe this twin turbo direct injection engine, but this motor deserves every positive word said about it. I've done some light duty towing and the motor feels as though it is never straining. Passing power is where the powerplant shines. My only minor nits to pick would be a couple of trim pieces which have broken and a faulty O2 sensor, which were both under warranty.

Ford Flex is a Terrific Vehicle

golfbeachguy, 01/05/2019
updated 07/11/2022
2010 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

For a vehicle this great, I can't believe Ford didn't do a better job advertising it. I've had my Flex since 2010 and it still looks and rides great. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and maintain it very well and the vehicle keeps on doing a great job. Now I find out Ford is going to discontinue making them because there is no demand. Ford can blame themselves for that. In years to come Flex will be a vehicle that people will want, just like the old Broncos. I'll try to keep mine running for as long as I can. All the new SUV vehicles look the same but you can always pick out a Flex. It's now 2022 and the Flex is still going strong.

4 out of 5 stars