Used 2010 Ford Flex Wagon Consumer Reviews

Used Flex for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Already Replaced Left Turbo

kjhgr01, 01/28/2011
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I had to wait 3 months to get my Flex built. Steel Blue with Black Charcoal leather. So far so good. I would never think I would own a Ford. I owned many Honda & Acura and one Volvo. I always despite the Ford products because of safety issues. I never felt more safe in that box! The front brakes are kinda weird when humidity is high or wet. I average about 18 - 19 mpg with the A/C on, and about 20 - 21 mpg when A/C is off. At 22500 miles I had to replace the left turbo (leaked oil), an A/C line and a radiator shroud (technician broke it while trying to reassemble the turbo.) I have been using Mobil 1 full synthetic oil since the 2nd oil change. Fortunately my Ford dealer is nice.

Ford Flex Brake issues

phillthedog, 07/16/2011
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Had our Flex for nearly two years once we hit 22k miles began having brake failures car has been in dealer 5 times they have replaced vacuum booster and check valves. When the car has been parked overnight or for a few hours the brake pedal is very hard the car will not stop. Ford says this is "normal" operating procedure and we have to warm the car up for five minutes before driving which is totally unacceptable. Dealer is as frustrated as we are Ford sent out an engineer who said he could not replicate the problem. We are truly disappointed with Ford.

Excellent

hafizur1995, 08/18/2013
SE 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I owned this car for a year and a half and put over 35,000 miles on it. This is probably the most reliable car I've ever had. The only things I spent money on were the tires, brakes, wipers, and just your wear and tear things. The ride quality is excellent and it's very comfortable inside. It's very high tech and doesn't keep you bored. It's a very reliable car and people should really look into it if they are in the market for an alternative to mini vans. Not to mention it gets great mpg for it's size I got 18C-25H. It's very durable and feels really good on the road. I was very happy with this car. However, keep in mind that it's a Ford so it's price will go down very quickly. It's not worth buying if you plan to sell back in a year or two. We bought for 26k and it went down to 11k trade in value.

Reliability issues and more

Robert, 09/26/2010
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

After purchasing what we thought was the perfect family vehicle for us, we have had numerous issues with no support from the dealership. After bringing the vehicle 6 times for font brake issues, we are finally made aware of a"service procedure(which is really a recall), but we are still waiting for the parts to arrive. We are now having transmission issue and are only being told by the dealer that is a "chip issue", but they are not willing to replace the chip. We also have issues with the rear folding seat not raising when activated and were told by the dealer to basically "live with it". Bottom line is that we are sad that Ford is not standing behind the product sold like other competitors

Great Family Hauler

jpete204, 02/13/2012
Limited 4dr Wagon AWD w/EcoBoost (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2010 Flex with ecoboost and have very few complaints about our vehicle thus far. It's pretty good on fuel (when you don't put your foot in it, which is almost never) it's an extremely comfortable and versatile car and did I mention it has ecoboost? I'm not a huge fan of the marketing speak Ford used to describe this twin turbo direct injection engine, but this motor deserves every positive word said about it. I've done some light duty towing and the motor feels as though it is never straining. Passing power is where the powerplant shines. My only minor nits to pick would be a couple of trim pieces which have broken and a faulty O2 sensor, which were both under warranty.

12345...14