Used 2017 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Fiesta for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Couldn't be happier

Kent, 07/01/2018
S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If you want a reliable, economical car for little money you can't go wrong. I really don't think I would change a thing on it.

The ideal car for someone with vertigo

Josh, 08/11/2017
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I get motion sick very easily. Therefore, the smaller the car with a less "floaty" ride and a stick shift is ideal. I researched the engine and transmission options on the 2017 Fiesta heavily, and concluded going with the long-running 1.6L 120hp motor and 5 speed manual was the most reliable option. The engine is sufficient for power and the transmission is smooth and easy on the left leg. Gas mileage has been better than anticipated (but again, because of vertigo, I drive slow). I have averaged 35mpg on most fill-ups (worst has been 30 so far) and got as high as 45mpg on a long highway trip in flat Illinois at 65mph the whole way. The Ford Sync system is blah (at least the basic version I have) but usable at least (most importantly, bluetooth from the phone works 99% of the time the first time). The ambient lighting I have appreciated more than I thought I would, especially at night, when it's really nice to be able to see your feet/the floorboards when getting in and out of the car. So far, no issues here, having owned it 3 1/2 years now with about 75k on it now. I haven't had to replace anything but tires and do anything but oil changes (I do mine every 6-8k with full synthetic oil). I only drive a lot during the summer though. School year driving is average. Overall, I would recommend this car to another basic, conservative driver like me. 2 year update: double the mileage now, still no problems. Did replace tires.

Do some real research before buying the Fiesta.

M Smith, 05/19/2017
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

BEWARE! extremely poor build quality. Made in Mexico. I really want to like this car with it's European design, and great economy, however, the build quality is horrible. The front shocks were no good from day one, some of the trim (fit and finish is falling apart). The Air Conditioning has been an intermittent problem from day one. Numerous trips to the dealer for service with the same "It didn't happen while it was here, so we can't/ won't fix anything.) he AC blows cold/ hot randomly and without pattern. I definitely wish I had spent a little more and purchased a Honda instead. Devaluation. The car is now worth half of what I owe, so I am trapped in this plummeting vehicle.

Kills Honda's

Manuel Cruseturner, 03/28/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My only complaint is the idiots that decided to quit making this car . probably not built for 6-1 235lb 55 year old guy but I thought after looking at all the others this would work 1.6 l automatic se is great probably much better next generation transmission.. but most people never had to drive cars from sixties and seventies so I can get tell you there isn't any thing to complain about other than I wish I would have gotten higher trim if I knew it was going to be so enjoyable take care of it maintenance 😃

Great little car Ford Fiesta SE

MiMi, 04/21/2019
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2017 in 2018 and I love my 5 speed SE. This car is comfortable gets 45 miles to the gallon. Lots of room. I love it!