Used 2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

I love my Fiesta Titanium!
By Janice

2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Titanium 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fiesta Titanium brand new in August of 2014. It's loaded with goodies you would never expect on a subcompact car. Mine has everything but a sunroof, just because they annoy me. I've read that other people have had trouble with the Sync, but mine starts up automatically when I start the car. One of the best things about this car is the headroom. I'm tall, and my head scrapes the roof of most subcompacts. Not my car - there's plenty of clearance. The front seats are roomy and comfortable. I rarely have anybody in the back seat, but while they aren't made for your average NBA player, they'll do for short trips with short people. When I put the back seats down, I am amazed at how much cargo I can cram in there. I once got a complete patio set back there. But someone who needs lots of room for people and cargo is looking at the wrong kind of car. What I love about my Fiesta Titanium is the inside feels like a luxury car, the outside is sporty, it's absolutely reliable, and a blast to drive. I've always leased cars in the past, but it was love at first test drive with this baby, so I bought it. The styling is still equivalent to new cars, in fact mine still looks better!

What Happened to Ford Quality?
By Don G

2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Fords my entire adult life. Six of them to be exact. My current Ford Focus is now 16 years old with 98000+ mile on it. It has never broken down and has only had two items that needed repair. A sway-arm bushing and an ignition switch. Anyway, I was very pleased my daughter chose to purchase a Ford as her first new car. A 2015 Ford Fiesta. It has been nothing but problem after problem since she got it. A month or so after she bought it the parking break push knob broke, and the passenger side seat-belt retractor stopped working, requiring replacement of both. When she picked it up, she noticed that the mechanic had scratched and gouged the plastic console surrounding the parking break and shifter, so she had to schedule another appointment to have that replaced. Again when she picked it up, the airbag light was now on, apparently due to a lose plug under the passenger seat (from replacing seat-belt thing). That also required a day to fix. During the first year, she has the interior plastic molding around one of the back windows fall off, the exterior plastic molding around the other back window fall off, the rubberized "cover/strip" that goes around the windshield is coming off, and the plastic "skirts/fairing" around the bottom of both seats has broken. Last February I noticed that the front end of her was bouncing around a lot going over bumps, so I told her to take it to Ford. With less than 5000 miles on it, both front shocks had failed. This to me in unbelievable! In June she was hearing noises coming from the left front of the car, back to Ford again. This time a wheel bearing and the left shock both failed. I've never heard of such a thing. Now, just today, the airbag light is on again. Next, the transmission! Since she bought it, both she and I have on several occasions, noticed that the transmission did not feel right. Slow acceleration/hesitation for the first 2 or 3 three seconds when leaving a stop. Very slight shuddering when leaving a stop, and sometimes when coming to a stop. Ford has told us that this is normal and/or they were unable to reproduce the problem or that it did not meet the threshold for repair. I admit, it does not do it all the time, but it is annoying when it does and in my opinion it should not be doing it at all. Lastly is value. She bought the car with extended warranty for $23,000.00, it has something like 18000 miles on it and according to Kelly Bluebook it has a resale value of around $5000.00! She cannot sell it or trade it on another car because she still owes $15,000.00 on it. We are aware of the class-action lawsuit against Ford for the transmission problems, and will make a claim. But even with what she might get for that, she will be forced to keep the car until she pays it off. Now it is just about time for me to replace my car and I find myself wondering if I may have to look elsewhere instead of Ford. That makes me sad.

the little buggy
By WILMER A BOWERS

2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

its a small car five passengers need to be very thin. Its a good car for small people. Purchased cause my wife likes to drive small cars.

Loving my car
By Tabby

2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed something with great fuel economy and reliability. My Fiesta averages 36mpg and takes curves like it's second nature. Driving is so smooth and easy to manage. Back seats and back hatch are not the roomiest, but I am not one that needs lots of room. However, if you need room this would not be the car for you. Only trouble I have had is getting Sync to connect to my phone using voice activation. If I manually call on my cell it will connect. Overall, I would definitely recommend a Ford Fiesta!

Fun car
By Robert DiPrete

2015 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Goes great in snow with winter tires. Easy to park in tight spaces. Not one mechanical or quality problem.