Used 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Buy another brand
By Herb

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

2011 Ford 250 Supercab
First to go was the windshield. A month old the windshield just shattered while parked overnight. I live in a very rural area so it wasn't vandalism.

Second was the chrome peeling off the running boards.

Third is the lock on the "cable add on" needed replacement.

Fourth was the peeling of the Ford logo on the tailgate.

Fifth was the paper thin rear bumper that dents as if it was paper thin.

Sixth was the frozen front brake caliper at 30,000 miles. This required caliper replacement, turning the rotors, and replacing all brake pads. It happened after 36 months so Ford refused to cover it. Cost $800+. Dealer was kind enough to refund cost of the caliper. Then I was told I needed a $100 annual brake cleaning and lubing service to prevent this from happening again.

Seventh is the malfunction of the passenger side rear view mirror. It stopped folding in automatically when the switch was pressed. Replacement cost of $1738. Eighth, with only 31,287 miles on it, the rear tire pressure sensor malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Cost $149.

Last is rust. Everything under the car was rusty after the truck was a few weeks old. It requires constant undercoating and maintenance with somewhat costly Eastwood rust encapsulator. Ford Corporate Customer Service always treated me as though I was the enemy. I had to argue for almost every concession or coverage. By contrast, the dealer was always helpful and worked with me to resolve issues. I've owned Toyota 4Runners and Camrys most of my adult life and never experienced anything as poorly made as my Ford. The only reason I didn't buy a Tundra was because they didn't offer the Supercab configuration with a full 8' bed. Think twice about buying or leasing that Ford.

Update 10/18 at 40,000 miles. Brakes started to chatter while coming to a stop. Ford dealership said I need new rotors on all wheels and pads need to be shaved or replaced. This is after 2 annual brake services since new caliper and cutting rotors 10,000 milers earlier. Cost estimate $984.00. Bought higher quality after market slotted rotors and pads and having them installed locally for $756.00 including new pads which were not in the Ford estimate.

The Cadillac truck
By Bobby

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The F-250 extra cab long bed is not your ordinary family run around every day kind of ride. That's only because the mpg would deter most families. But if you need to haul, go camping, tow something or just feel safe, this is the truck. The ride and handling is superb. The tech stuff i.e. Bluetooth, phone syn & nav works well to enhance the overall enjoyment of this Cadillac truck.

Built Ford Tough
By Dinoburner

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 2011 6.7 Diesel is powerful, quiet and still gives good fuel economy. The interior is fantastic. It's functional yet has many features that you'd find in a high end car. I am really impressed with the insync and display functions. I've gotten several comments from co-workers, envious of this vehicle. I love this truck!

Power, insync and build quality.

Add a garage door opening feature standard.

Happy So Far
By chipwill

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I only have about 700 Miles On My XLT 4x4 So Far So Good , No Problem, This is My First New Ford truck In About 20 Years , Great Ride , Radio Could Be Better, Blue Tooth Standard Would Be Nice. Fuel Mileage Is At 13.6 MPG

Nice Ride For Heavy Duty Truck

Better Radio, More Storage Space

Outta the Park!
By FoMoCoBob

2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty SuperCab Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Only have had my new Powerstroke F250 one week, and just love it! Getting ready to purchase a slide in camper, so started with the truck first. I definitely won't have any problems with any RV I choose. This truck is a true workhorse with indescribable power, but still has all the bells and whistles to make you want to drive it every day. Only have 150 miles on it so far, so can't really assess fuel economy or build quality just yet, but my first impression is great. I would be surprised if this would change over time. Very important for me to buy American - built in the Bluegrass State. Keep up the good work, Ford. You've got a great vehicle!

6.7 L Powerstroke engine! 800 ft lbs of torque - what can I say! Great styling - no questions it is a rugged truck. Lariat package with comfortable seats -at 6'2" no problems. LCD Productivity Screen is high tech. Sync system works great with phone and Ipod. Remote start works from my bedroom!

Nothing really, but to nitpick, there needs to be more interior lighting. Need rear dome light in cab, plus foot well lighting would be nice. Maybe ambient lighting a-la Ford's CUV's? Enhanced gauge package with LCD screen to include pyrometer, oil pressure, voltage, tire pressure, etc.